* Name: Prairie Pass
* Location: Apison, off East Brainerd Road
* Status: Developers are preparing to begin construction on three of 108 prairie or lodge-styled homes in the 33-acre site. Future development will take place on an adjacent 133-acre tract.
* Price: $225,000 to $450,000
* Developer: Ed and James Stephens of J&E Developers
* Contact: Gina Sakich at 595-8364 or 265-0088 or Adelia Mosley at 667-6791
* On the Web:
* Amenities: Homes will feature elements of the prairie and lodge design to include heavy timbered beam fronts, curved rafter tails along with textured cement fiber siding. No vinyl siding will be permitted in the community. Some of the available features include two-car garages, patios, screened porches and outdoor fireplaces or fire pits.
* Other features: The development will feature an architecturally designed entrance, community clubhouse and pool, a small lake, pergola, sidewalks, street lamps and walking trails. The community is zoned for Apison Elementary School and the new East Hamilton Middle and High School.
* Floor plans: Several floor plans are available that include lakeside bungalows, single family and small luxury homes ranging in size from about 1,800 to more than 3,000 square feet.