* Name: Spring City Care and Rehabilitation Center, a Signature HealthCare Community Center
* Location: 331 Hinch St. in Spring City, Tenn.
* Service: Nursing home and physical therapy, along with a selection of at-home extended care, such as meal preparation and grocery shopping, after patients have left the center.
The adult day service opened in July and is furnished with recliners and a couch for watching television or visiting with other patients. Patients can play bingo or complete puzzles, get haircuts or manicures, stroll through the center's garden or take part in a variety of activities during their stay.
* Price range of services: Robin Beaver, a certified nursing assistant, said that private care costs could average $10 an hour, for up to a 23-hour stay. Services would cost less to the patient, if insurance pays or helps with the cost.
* Target market: Caregivers, who need to run errands but need someone to watch over a loved one, can use the service.
* Biggest hurdle: Beaver said that "letting people know what it is" about and the services offered to its community has created an obstacle to overcome for the facilitators.
* Challenges: Beaver is in the process of completing the necessary certification to process insurance payments for the company's adult day patients.
* Future community goals: Beaver said that community involvement is important. "Everyone should visit the elderly," she said.
-- Kimberly McMillian is based in Rhea County. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.