• Name: Springhill Suites, by Marriott
• Location: Off Riverfront Parkway, part of the Cameron Harbor development. The development will include condos, townhomes, docks and restaurants, in addition to the hotel.
• Status: The building's foundation and first floor are framed, and planks are set for the second floor out of six total. Much still remains to be done, including electrical, heating and air conditioning, and both the exterior and interior skin.
• Price: The total cost for the 81,000-square-foot building is $16 million, owners say.
• Features: Guests can enjoy the hotel restaurant, which will face the river and include a patio. Hotel guests also will have access to the Riverwalk, which will be extended through the rear of the property. The 116 guest rooms provide views of Chattanooga's bridges, river and Cameron Hill.
The exterior skin of the building will consist of glass, metal and stucco, and interior finishes will use carpet, tile and high-end finishes. The hotel rooms primarily consist of suites, as the hotel's name would suggest, which include living areas, minirefrigerators, and other upgrades not found in some other hotel rooms.
• Amenities: The hotel sports a pool, spa and exercise room, as well as walking access to Chattanooga's riverfront and tourist activities. Conference rooms and a business area could make the hotel an attractive destination for company meetings. Guests entering the lobby are greeted by a rain curtain that achieves the effect of a "bubble wall" through the use of clever lighting techniques.
• Developer: 3H Group.
• Builders: EMJ Corp.