CareerCast, a career website owned by Adicio Inc., ranked 200 jobs. Physical labor, declining job opportunities, a poor work environment and high stress are all pervasive attributes among those jobs on the website's 2012 Worst Jobs list.
1. Lumberjack, average pay of $32,114 with difficult work environment and high physical demands with only modest hiring outlook and pay.
2. Dairy farmer, average pay of $33,119 with negative hiring outlook and high physical demands
3. Enlisted soldier, $36,119 with high stress, tough work environment and high physical demands
4. Oil rig worker, average pay of $32,275 with high physical demands and tough work environment
5. Newspaper reporter, average pay of $35,275 with negative hiring outlook and higher stress than most jobs
Source: CareerCast, "The Top Worst Jobs of 2012," based upon analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics data.