Events and seminars
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes business owners should avoid, practical solutions for overcoming them and tips for efficiency. A QuickBooks Q&A session will conclude the class. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• Hixson Council Community Coffee from 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Northgate Mall, 271 Northgate Mall Drive (center court inside main entrance).
• Ambassador Luncheon Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Meredith Rivers for more information or to register in advance at 423-763-4372 or mrivers@chattanooga chamber.com.
• Social Media: Profile Set-Up Wednesday from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presented by Ronda Van Billiard. In these one-on-one sessions, participants will get answers to their personal questions about social media during a 20-minute session. Registration and $25 fee are required at least one to two business days in advance. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc and call 423-756-8668 to provide payment and reserve your time slot.
• Mid-Town Council Meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brainerd Golf Course, 5203 Old Mission Road. Meeting costs $10.
• Communication in the Workplace: Reducing Defensiveness and Keeping Key People Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Vincent Phipps, owner of Communication VIP, will teach the class on the fundamentals of asking better questions to receive and clarify information. Learn how to avoid the four most common mistakes of asking questions. Discover alternatives to five words and phrases that can increase defensiveness. Registration and $90 fee are required at least one to two business days in advance. Call 423-756-8668 to provide payment. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training.
• Small Business Orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• YPAC After Hours at the Hunter Museum Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Museum of American Art, 10 Bluff View. Join YPAC for Art + Issues at the museum. Led by two drummers, the discussion will focus on finding inspiration and opportunity in our everyday lives. For more information, visit ypchattanooga.org.
• Gordon County Chamber of Commerce State of Industry Breakfast Friday at 7:30 a.m. at Georgia Northwestern Technical College (Gordon County campus). Speakers include Fletcher Steele, president of Pine Hall Brick, and Dr. Roger Tutterow, professor of economics at Mercer University.