* Chattanooga Engineers Club Meeting at noon Monday at Doubletree Hotel, 407 Chestnut Street, 2nd floor. Dr. Ed Buiel will talk about "Grid-connected Photovoltaic Power Systems and Improving ROI with Energy Storage." This event is $16 per person and includes lunch. Free parking will be provided.
* Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions LLC seminar will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes small business owners should avoid and practical solutions for them, as well as ideas for office efficiency. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register in advance or for more information.
* East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Meetings cost $10.
* Enterprise/Gateway Council BOOST Summit from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Thursday at the Academy Conference Center at Volkswagen, 7469 Volkswagen Drive. This town-hall forum will feature a panel discussion exploring the skills and qualities business leaders expect and the direction education should take to prepare students to become qualified members of the workforce. Panelists include Shelia Boyington, Thinking Media; Roger Layne, East Tech Company; Jana Eichel, Volkswagen Group of America; Jamie Woodson, SCORE (State Collaborative on Reforming Education); Bob Obrohta, TN College Access and Success Network; Tracey Carisch, STEM Innovation Hub. Parking: Follow the "Chamber Event" signs to lots 40 - 42. Shuttle vans will be available from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Attendance costs is $10.
* East Hamilton Economic Development Summit from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Collegedale Municipal Building, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Networking will be from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Small Business Orientation from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Boulevard. A counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
* YPAC Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Speakers for this month include Sammy Lowdermilk with The Biz Foundry and Toni Gemayel from Banyan. This event will help participants understand the value of coding in today's workforce and provide information on the TN Code Academy. Networking begins at 11:30 a.m. with lunch program beginning at noon. For more information, visit www.ypchattanooga.org. Cost is $10 for members, $12 for non-members and $15 at the door.