• Name: Tabor Media Group
• Owners: Chris Weir and Terry Baker
• Location: 509 Main St., Chattanooga
• Opened: 2011 in Cleveland, moved to Main Street last month
• Service: Advertising and marketing
• Staff: Five full-time, up to 10 interns
How it got started: Chris Weir and Terry Baker graduated from Bradley Central High School in the late 1990s. The two wound up being roommates in college, at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro. After college, both went into media, Baker specializing in video and Weir in radio. After a decade in the workforce, the two decided to team up and combine their media knowledge. They founded Tabor Media Group in Baker's basement, splitting the $150 business registration license.
• Five-year goal: Weir said over the next five years, the hope is to grow Tabor's business and clientele, while fishing for talent in Chattanooga. Weir said he wants to help local, small businesses by providing professional, high-quality ad and marketing services at an affordable rate, making marketing within reach of companies on a budget.
• Why Chattanooga: Chattanooga is already where most of Tabor's clients are, so it makes sense to move downtown, said Weir.
• What is unique? Weir said there are three things that set Tabor apart from other ad and marketing agencies:
1. Tabor does not follow the billable hours model
2. Tabor does not outsource work
3. Tabor offers clients a budgeted pay system, where instead of one lump sum, customers can break up payments over a length of time
• Online: www.tabormediagroup.com
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/TaborMediaGroup
• Twitter: @TaborMedia
• Phone: 423-464-6700
Send small biz ideas to staff writer Alex Green, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6480.