• Name: Thirst Juice Co.
• Owner: Trent Brockie
• Location: 48 E. Main St., Chattanooga
• Opens: This summer, date to be announced
• Service: Cold-press juice bar and super food cafe
• Staff: Two full-time, three part-time employees
• How it got started: Juicing is the popular trend of tossing fruits and vegetables into a juicer and either going on a full juice diet or supplementing a regular diet with juices. Juicing advocates say that juicing is a great way to get the nutrition of fruits and vegetables for folks who don't normally like to eat them.
Brockie, an outdoorsman, is a personal advocate of juicing. He has helped run a couple of juice bars back in his home state, Florida.
• Five-year goal: Brockie said in five years he hopes Thirst Juice Co., will have a presence in nearby cities like Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville and Birmingham.
• Why Chattanooga: Brockie came to Chattanooga several times competing in outdoor events and competitions. After competing here every year for several years, "I fell in love with Chattanooga," he said. Seeing that Chattanooga was a growing community for health-conscious people, he thought his experience in running juice bars could be put to good use here.
• What is unique? Thirst Juice Co. will offer free juice cleanse deliveries within downtown. Brockie said at first, the delivery area may be limited to the St. Elmo area to test the waters. There are also approximately six pounds of organic produce in each bottle of juice.
Compiled by staff writer Alex Green, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6480.