* Member Orientation Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. Learn more about how the Chamber can benefit you and your business. The program, which includes a light breakfast, is for members and non-members.
* North Chattanooga Council Meeting Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Mike Sarvis, president of Cohutta Bank, will speak on "How to Grow Your Business through Finance." Meetings cost $10.
* Get a Job-East Ridge High School Wednesday from 7:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. at East Ridge High School, 4320 Bennett Road. Get a Job instructs 10th graders on the finer points of interviewing skills, completing job applications, dressing for success and other topics of importance for the 21st century workforce. Community volunteers are needed to assist with this event. Please contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or email@example.com to participate.
* Networking at ServPro, co-sponsored by Santek Waste Services, Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. at ServPro, 1211 Latta St. Held the first Wednesday of every month, AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area business people together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, contact Whitney Risley at 423-763-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* An Hour with My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
* Downtown Council Meeting Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at The Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Tim Morgan, president of the Chattanooga Sports & Events Committee, and Brian Myrick, race director for Ironman Chattanooga, will speak. Meetings cost $15.
* Small Business Orientation Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Southside Council Meeting Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. Meetings cost $10.
* Ribbon Cutting for Infinity Monuments, LLC, Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. at Infinity Monuments, LLC, 7239 E. Brainerd Road.
* Financing your Business the SBA Way Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan programs meet specific entrepreneurial needs. The session begins with the five C's of credit-character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. The discussion then transitions to an overview of SBA's loan programs and specific information about interest rates, repayment terms and preferred SBA express lenders. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will put participants ahead of the game in government guaranteed lending. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Business Plan Overview Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the BrightBridge WBC, 535 Chestnut St., Ste. 161. This event is free and open to the public. Call 423-424-4220 for more information and to register.
* Reality Check-Central High School Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Central High School, 5728 Highway 58. Reality Check teaches 9th graders about budgeting and emphasizes the relationship between education and income by allowing students to role-play as heads of household providing for their families on a set budget. To volunteer for this Chamber Career Readiness program, please contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or email@example.com.
* Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way.