Events and Seminars
• Ribbon Cutting for First Things First/Republic Parking Monday at 3 p.m. at First Things First/Republic Parking between the fifth and sixth block of Market Street. Join the Chattanooga Chamber for a ribbon cutting at First Things First/Republic Parking's "Family Lot."
• North Chattanooga Council meeting Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Meetings cost $10.
• AM Networking at First Things First Wednesday from 8 to 9 a.m. at First Things First, 620 Lindsay St. Held the first Wednesday of every month, AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area business people together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, contact Whitney Risley at 423-763-4357 or email@example.com.
• Nuts & Bolts Seminar: "The Psychology of Business" Wednesday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Society of Work, 701 Market St., Suite 1350. Led by Lamp Post Group partner Shelly Prevost, this month's presentation will cover ways emotions can hijack a business's success. Send questions in advance to spre firstname.lastname@example.org. Held the first Wednesday of every month, Nuts & Bolts, designed to help overcome everyday hurdles of owning a business, is co-hosted by Society of Work and The Company Lab and sponsored by First Tennessee. Refreshments provided.
• Women-Owned Small Business Government Contracting Workshop Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. at BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Suite 161. Key session topics include an overview of the WOSB program, WOSB program repository, eligibility requirements and government contracting opportunities. Hosted by the SBA and BrightBridge Women's Business Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-424-4220 to register.
• Ribbon Cutting for Auto By Rent Thursday from 2 to 3 p.m. at Auto By Rent, 2151 Chapman Road. Join the Chattanooga Chamber for a ribbon cutting at Auto By Rent.
• East Ridge Council Community Coffee Thursday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Best Western Plus, 6710 Ringgold Road.
• Spring Job Fair Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Brainerd Crossroads (The BX), 4011 Austin St. Hosted in partnership among the Chattanooga Chamber, Southeast Tennessee Development District, SHRM, AIM ' careerlink and the Times Free Press. More than 60 local companies will gather to showcase upcoming employment opportunities. Job seekers are encouraged to bring resumes and be prepared to complete applications on site.
• Free Financial and Accounting Advising with HHM Friday from 1 to 3 p.m. at The Company Lab, 55 E. Main St. Visit The Company Lab to receive free financial and accounting advice from Henderson, Hutcherson & McCullough. To schedule a 30-minute time slot for your startup, email email@example.com.