Events and Seminars
• Tennessee, Get Your Business Online Monday from 9 a.m. to noon at Waterhouse Pavilion at Miller Plaza, 850 Market St. Take your business from offline to online at this free event. Google will provide guidance on how to build a free website, register a domain name, create an online business listing and will also cover other tools to increase online exposure. Register online at http://www.gybo.com/tennessee/.
• Red Bank Council Meeting Tuesday from noon to 1 p.m. at Red Bank Community Center, 3620 Tom Weathers Drive. Jason Taylor, president of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting Wednesday from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Steve Angle, chancellor of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, will talk on collaborations between the community and a university, including internships, academic services and businesses retaining local graduates.
• An Hour with My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to register.
• Hixson Council Meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Bob Doak, Chattanooga Convention and Visitors Bureau, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting Thursday from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Speaker: Maggie Neff, Thrive 2055. Meetings cost $10.
• CEG/BDC INCubator Luncheon Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: Jennifer Goodrich, president of Crestcom Sales Academy, will speak on "What You Need Are More Sales --We Can Show You How." The event is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. To RSVP, contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 or email@example.com.
• Small Business Orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes, as well as other start-up materials. Event is free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.