- Project: Dominion Senior Living in Hixson
- Size: 32 assisted living rooms and 32 memory care rooms licensed for a total 84 residents.
- Location: 2143 Northpoint Blvd, behind Abba's House church in Hixson
- Investment: $8.5 million
- Staff: 50 employees, including 35-37 full-time jobs. The center should open with about 30 employees.
- Contractor and developer: Knoxville-based Dominion Development Group, which has built and operates centers in Sevierville (opened in 2014), Johnson City (opened in 2015), Maryville (opened in January), and Crossville (opened in August). The company is building more centers in Athens (scheduled to open next June), Bristol (openeding at the end of hte year) and others in Kentucky.
- Schedule: Josh Crisp, senior vice president for Dominion, said the single-story complex should be completed by the end of the year and residents will move into the center in January.
- Hiring, volunteer recruitment: To help create a home for seniors, Dominion is currently seeking applications for a wellness director, business office director, maintenance director, life enrichment director and dining services director and will hire other housekeeping and maintenance staff later this year. In addition to the paid staff, the senior living community also seeks volunteers of all kinds to help senior residents with painting, playing games, Bible study, crafts and other activities.
"When we interview potential volunteers or staff members, we're always looking for people who view their role as a personal calling rather than an obligation," said Beth Baxter, executive director of Dominion Senior Living of Hixson.
- Appeal: "We are a culture-first, faith-based company and we put a strong emphasis on the physical, emotional and spiritual well being, not only for our residents but also for our staff," Crisp said. "We believe it creates the ultimate living environment for senior adults to flourish."
- Web site: www.dominionhixson.com
— Compiled by Business Editor Dave Flessner, who may be reached at email@example.com.