* Hixson Council Community Coffee, 8 a.m. Tuesday, at the Country Inn & Suites, 5000 New Country Drive. The event is free and open to the public.
* An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
* MidTown Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Out of the Blue Cafe: 3230 Brainerd Road. Meetings cost $10.
* Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. at The Double Tree Hotel: 407 Chestnut St. Charlie Brock, executive director of LaunchTN, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
* Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668.