While some folks dislike AARP, the giant lobby for seniors, no one can deny the organization offers some great resources to members.
Whether through discounts, member advocacy or travel help, AARP provides bang for the buck for those of us 50 and over.
• Save up to $10 off regular roadside assistance from Allstate member fees; first year rates can be as low as $36.
• You pay only a buck for a cup of Denny's coffee and save 20 percent off your check 4-10 p.m. daily.
• Back off burglars! Save 20 percent off new installation of ADT Home Security and also save $2 off the regular monthly price.
• Coupons.com gives AARP members online access to hundreds of printable grocery coupons. (I take advantage of this.)
• Endless Vacation Rentals offers discounts on around-the-world rentals.
• MSC Cruises saves
you $50 per traveler and up to a two-category upgrade. Enjoy sailing throughout Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, New England and transatlantic travel.
• Save at least 10 percent off hotel prices, plus special limited time offers are available throughout the year.
• And if you need a vehicle when you get to where you're going in the U.S., contact Enterprise Rent A Car for at least 5 percent savings.
• Medjet Assistance gives you up to 18 percent and a medical transfer to the hospital of your choosing if you're hospitalized at least 150 miles away from home.
• If Europe is on your agenda, then look forward to saving $100 a person on luxury motor coach tours and river cruises with AARP's Grand European Tours program.