ATHENS ARTS CENTER - 320 N. White St. (Sue E. Trotter Theater), Athens, Tenn. 423-745-8781, www.athensartscouncil.org. "The Nerd," Vietnam veteran Willum Cubbert finds out what happens when he opens his home to nerdish Rick Steadman, to whom he owes his life for saving him during the war, 6 p.m. April 14 (dinner theater), 7:30 p.m. April 15-16, 2 p.m. April 17, 7:30 p.m. April 21-23. $25 (dinner theater); $12 adults, $8 students (show only); $5 students (April 21).
BLUE RIDGE COMMUNITY THEATER - 420 W. Main St., Blue Ridge, Ga. 706-632-9223, www.BlueRidgeCommunityTheater.com. "Knock 'Em Dead, interactive comedy murder mystery, today-April 17.
BUTTONWILLOW CHURCH CIVIL WAR DINNER THEATER - 1060 Main St., Whitwell, Tenn. 423-658-7478, www.buttonwillowchurch.com. "Grandaddy's Watch," dinner and two-hour live show based on events during the "real War Between the States," 5:15 p.m. CDT Fridays and Saturdays year-round and other days for groups.
CHATTANOOGA STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE - Humanities Auditorium, 4501 Amnicola Highway. 697-3246. Graduates of the Professional Actor Training Program perform their final project, 7:30 p.m. April 15-17 and April 29-May 1.
CHATTANOOGA THEATRE CENTRE - 400 River St. Box office: 267-8534, www.theatrecentre.com.
* "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," 8 p.m. today and Saturday, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, 7 p.m. Thursday, 8 p.m. April 15-16, 2:30 p.m. April 17.
* Auditions for "Rent," CircleSeries production, 7:30 p.m. Sunday and Monday (show dates, June 17-July 16).
* "Blues for Mr. Charlie," CircleSeries production with Destiny Theatre Company, 8 p.m. April 15-16, April 22-23, April 29-30.
COLONNADE - 264 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold, Ga. 706-935-9000, www.colonnadecenter.org. Auditions for "Little Shop of Horrors," 6 p.m. Monday and Tuesday (show dates, June 24-July 2).
COVENANT COLLEGE, DRAMA - Sanderson Hall, 14049 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain, Ga. 706-419-1051, www.covenant.edu/covenantarts. "And Then There Were None," Agatha Christie mystery, 8 p.m. today, Saturday and April 15. 2:30 p.m. April 16.
CUMBERLAND COUNTY PLAYHOUSE - Crossville, Tenn. All times Central. 931-484-5000, www.ccplayhouse.com.
* "The Silver Whistle," through April 15. $7-$22.
* "Tuesdays With Morrie," through May 12. $7-$22.
DALTON LITTLE THEATRE - 210 N. Pentz St., Dalton, Ga. 706-226-6618, www.daltonlittletheatre.com.
* Auditions for "The 25th Annual Putman County Spelling Bee," roles for nine people (five men, four women), including six young people played by adults, 7 p.m. Sunday and Monday (show dates, June 9-18).
ENSEMBLE THEATRE - 1918 Union Ave. (St. Andrews Center). 987-5141, www.ensembletheatreofchattanooga.com. "Stoning Mary," 7:30 p.m. today, 2 p.m. Saturday, 6:30 p.m. Sunday, 7:30 p.m. April 15, 2 p.m. April 16, 6:30 p.m. April 17. $10 adults, $8 students.
HILLTOP PLAYERS - Rudd Auditorium, Bryan College, Dayton, Tenn. 423-775-7500 or 775-7271. "A Midsummer's Night's Dream," the lovers, the players and the fairies intersect in the woods on "midsummer's eve" in Shakespeare's comedy, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-April 16. $5 Bryan College community, $7 non-Bryan College students, $9 adults.
LEE UNIVERSITY (EDNA MINOR CONN THEATRE) - Room 305, Vest Building, corner of Church and 11th streets, Cleveland, Tenn. 423-614-8343. "My Fair Lady," 7:30 p.m. today, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday (with tea luncheon with Eliza Doolittle). $15 adults, $10 seniors, $5 children 12-under.
MILLENNIUM THEATRE - Duck River Electric Membership Corp., 213 E. Fort St., Manchester, Tenn. 931-570-4489. "The Wrestling Season," examination of teens and bullying, 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. CDT today, 2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (suggested for mature teens). $8.
VAUDEVILLE CAFE - 138 Market St. 517-1839. www.funnydinner.com. All shows feature Italian dinner plus audience-interactive comedy-mysteries. Prices vary; tickets cheaper if purchased by phone or online.
* Every Thursday: "Mystery at the TV Talk Show," 7 p.m.
* Every Friday: "Mystery of Flight 138," 8:30 p.m. Also on April 15: "Mystery of the Nightmare Office Party," 6 p.m.
* Every Saturday: "Mystery of the Nightmare High School Reunion," 6 p.m., and "Mystery at the Redneck-Italian Wedding," 8:30 p.m. each Saturday.
WHOLE BACKSTAGE THEATRE - 1120 Rayburn Ave., Guntersville, Ala. 256-582-7469, www.wholebackstage.com. Auditions for "Damn Yankees," parts for nine principal actors and 20-25 supporting actors, singers and dancers, 6:30 p.m. today, 10 a.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday (all times Central).
LEE UNIVERSITY - Dixon Center, 1053 Church St., Cleveland, Tenn. 507-4601. "Condemnation Meets Grace," dance/drama performance by Unity Dance Troupe is a story about three individuals struggling with addictions they want to overcome, 7 p.m. Thursday. Free.
AVA GALLERY - 30 Frazier Ave. 265-5233, www.avarts.org. "Outlaw Printmakers," exhibition highlights array of rogue printmakers primarily in the form of woodcut and silkscreen prints, through May 15. Opening reception, 5:30-8 p.m. today.
BOOTH WESTERN ART MUSEUM - 501 Museum Drive, Cartersville, Ga. 770-387-1300, www.boothmuseum.org. "Kevin Nickell: Into the Fog," exhibition in Borderlands Gallery of nature blanketed in fog by former staff photographer for the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite National Park, through Sunday.
CIVIC ARTS LEAGUE - Reflections Gallery, 6922 Lee Highway. 892-3072. Exhibit of contemporary, abstract and experimental art forms, through today.
CREATIVE ARTS GUILD - Dalton, Ga. 520 W. Waugh St. 706-278-0168, www.creativeartsguild.org. "Savannah College of Arts - Mapping Next Steps," Gallery 111, through April 29.
CRESS GALLERY OF ART - UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets. Free. 425-4600. www.utc.edu/cressgallery. Senior thesis exhibitions, through April 29.
EXUM GALLERY & MEMORIAL GARDEN - St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St. "Small Treasures," exhibit by Janie Galloway, through April 24.
HARRIS ART CENTER - 212 S. Wall St., Calhoun, Ga. Free admission. 706-629-2599, www.cgarts.org.
* High school art show, exhibit includes work from Sonoraville, Calhoun and Gordon Central high school students, through April 22.
* "Beyond the Mountains: The Interior Life of Afghanistan," Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association exhibit of 28 large photos of ordinary Afghans by Pickens County resident Lisa Schnellinger, through May 2012.
HUNTER MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART - 10 Bluff View. $9.95 adults, $4.95 children. 267-0968. www.huntermuseum.org. "Lois Mailou Jones: A Life in Vibrant Color," exhibit includes 70 paintings, drawings and textile designs in wide array of subjects and styles explored by the 20th-century artist, through April 24.
IN-TOWN GALLERY - 26A Frazier Ave. Free admission. 267-9214. www.intowngallery.com. "Party in the Paintbox," new watercolor abstracts by Jennie Kirkpatrick that use palette of brightly colored geometric shapes, through April 30.
LINDA WOODALL FINE ARTS - 7836 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road. 238-9985. "Angels," work by Mary Ferris Kelly, through April 30.
LYNN H. WOOD ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM - Hackman Hall, Southern Adventist University, Collegedale. Free. 236-2030, http://www.southern.edu/archaeology. "Vessels in Time: A Journey Into the Biblical World," permanent exhibit of 200 ancient artifacts (from pottery to weapons of war) spanning 3,500 years of history.
MOSAIC GALLERY - 412 Market St. 320-6738. "The Art of Portraits," approaches to portrait painting by Daniel Swanger, Jerry Allen, Charlie Newton and Hyacinth Bailey, through April 16.
RIVER GALLERY - Bluff View Art District, 400 E. Second St. Free. 265-5033, ext. 5. www.river-gallery.com. "Form," exhibit includes photo collages by Kim Kauffman and sculptures that explore the power of the human form by Jan Kransberger, through April 30.
SHUPTRINE FINE ART GROUP - 2646 Broad St. Free. 266-4453, www.ShuptrineFineArtGroup.com.
* "Whisper," exhibit features ballet-themed oil paintings by Marie Channer, through April 15.
* Exhibit of etchings by Steven Scott Young, through April 15.
THE ART CENTER - 420 W. Main St., Blue Ridge, Ga. 706-632-2144, www.blueridgearts.net. Exhibit of photography by Cedar Fernandez, through April 29.
UNIVERSITY ART GALLERY - University of the South, Georgia Avenue, Sewanee, Tenn. 931-598-1223.
* "The New English Art Club: Contemporary Figurative Painting from Britain," exhibit includes portraits and landscapes by painters Ken Howard, Tom Coates, John Ward and Benjamin Sullivan, through Sunday.
* Annual exhibit by university senior art majors, April 15-May 14. Reception, 4:30 p.m. April 15.