ABBA'S HOUSE - 5208 Hixson Pike. 423-290-8525, www.cdoorent.com. "Les Miserables," Closed Door Entertainment production set against the backdrop of 19th-century France and the French Revolution, 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9-10. $15.
ARTISTIC CIVIC THEATRE - 907 Gaston St., Dalton, Ga. 706-278-4796, www.actdalton.org.
* "Frost/Nixon," about British journalist David Frost's 1977 interviews of former U.S. President Richard Nixon, 8 p.m. Jan. 10-11; 2 p.m. Jan. 12; 8 p.m. Jan. 16-18. $15 adults, $13 seniors 55 and up, $11 students (kindergarten through college).
* Auditions for "9 to 5 The Musical," with roles for men and women ages 20 and up, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Jan. 11, 2-5 p.m. Jan. 12.
BUTTONWILLOW CHURCH CIVIL WAR DINNER THEATER - 1060 Main St., Whitwell, Tenn. 423-658-7478, www.buttonwillowchurch.com. "Granddaddy's Watch," dinner and two-hour live show, 5:15 p.m. CST Fridays-Saturdays year-round and other days for groups.
CHATTANOOGA THEATRE CENTRE - 400 River St. 423-267-8534, www.theatrecentre.com. Auditions for "And Then There Were None," with roles for 10 adults, 7:30 p.m. Jan. 20-21 (show dates, March 21-April 6).
BARKING LEGS THEATER - 1307 Dodds Ave. 423-624-5347, www.barkinglegs.org. Screening by Mise En Scenesters of indie psychological horror film "Here Comes the Devil," 8:30 p.m. Jan. 18.
EAST RIDGE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH - 2105 Dabney Drive. Screening of documentary "Forks Over Knives" about the American diet, 7 p.m. 7 p.m. Jan. 25 and 28. Reservations, 888-423-1143 or email email@example.com. Free.
HERITAGE HOUSE - 1428 Jenkins Road. 423-855-9474.
* Screening of Orson Welles' film "The Stranger," 2 and 7 p.m. Jan. 16. Free.
* Backlot: A Place for Film" group features presentation on the production design of the documentary "Silver Wings and Civil Rights - The Fight To Fly" and casting of actors and writers for local comedy outfit Evatt & Bloom. Free but bring covered dish or nonalcoholic drink, 6 p.m. Jan 20.
OUTDOOR CHATTANOOGA - 200 River St. 643-6888. "Wild Bill's Run," Camp Chair Cinema screening of documentary about unsuccessful 1970s expedition across the polar ice cap from Minnesota to Moscow, 7 p.m. Jan. 10. Free.
ARTCRAFTERS GALLERY - 1356 Market St., Dayton, Tenn. 423-775-1401, www.artcraftersdayton.com. "Winter Frolics," winter-themed works, through Jan. 16.
BESSIE SMITH CULTURAL CENTER - 200 E. M.L. King Blvd. Admission: $7 adults, $3 children 6-12, $5 seniors and students. 423-266-8658. "Pictures Tell the Story," images by photojournalist Ernest C. Withers, through Feb. 24.
CHICKAMAUGA CIVIL WAR CENTER AND HERITAGE MUSEUM - 100 Gordon St. (railroad depot), Chickamauga, Ga. 706-375-4488. Admission: $2 adults, $1 children. Exhibit of World War II weapons, uniforms and equipment, through March 31.
GALLERY AT BLACKWELL - Blackwell Automotive, 71 Eastgate Loop, Eastgate Mall. 423-344-5643, www.chattanoogaphoto.org. Exhibition and sale of framed prints by members of the Photographic Society of Chattanooga and the Camera Club Council of Tennessee, through Jan. 15.
HARRIS ART CENTER - 212 S. Wall St., Calhoun, Ga. 706-629-2599, www.harrisartcenter.com. Works from the Booth Photography Guild and sculpture by Barry Henderson, through Jan. 31.
HUNTER MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART - 10 Bluff View. Admission: $9.95 adults, $4.95 children. 423-267-0968. www.huntermuseum.org.
* Art + Issues: "Different Views, Different Sense of Space" program by Chattanooga Organized for Action Executive Director Perrin Lance, 6 p.m. Jan. 9. Free.
* "Go Figure," selections from the museum's permanent collection of figurative works, through Feb. 2.
IN-TOWN GALLERY - 26A Frazier Ave. 423-267-9214. www.intowngallery.com.
* "Celebrate Art!" exhibit highlighting the variety of mediums that gallery artists use, through Jan. 31.
* "A Tribute to Jane Yelliott," exhibit of artwork of the late longtime In-Town exhibitor, through Jan. 31.
JEWISH CULTURAL CENTER - 5461 North Terrace. 423-493-0270, ext. 13. "Wrapped in Tradition," contemporary and traditional Jewish prayer shawls, called tallitot, by 21 artists from the community, around the country and Israel, through Jan. 15.
LYNN H. WOOD ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM - Hackman Hall, Southern Adventist University, Collegedale. 423-236-2030, www.southern.edu/archaeology.
* "Vessels in Time: A Journey Into the Biblical World," permanent exhibit of 200 ancient artifacts spanning 3,500 years of history.
* "The Battle Over King David: Excavating the Fortress of Elah," artifacts on loan from the National Treasure of Israel, through April.
MARSH HOUSE MUSEUM - 308 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga. 423-718-9918, 706-638-5187, www.marshhouseoflafayette.com. Docent-guided history tours, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. Admission: $5 adults, $1 children.
MOON GALLERY - Berry College, Rome, Ga. 706-236-2289, 706-290-2692. Works by sculptor McArthur Freeman, Jan. 13-Feb. 7. Gallery talk, 7 p.m. Jan. 13.
MUSEUM CENTER AT FIVE POINTS - 200 E. Inman St., Cleveland, Tenn. Admission: $5 adults, $4 students and seniors. 423-339-5745, www.museumcenter.org. "Stitches in Time: Hand Quilting," exhibit of antique and contemporary handquilted quilts, Jan. 23-March 1.
NATIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR MUSEUM - Northgate Mall, 5000 Hixson Pike. 423-877-2525. www.mohm.org. Exhibit examines exploits of America's heroes through photos, narratives, uniforms and artifacts from Revolutionary War through Iraqi Freedom.
NORTH RIVER CIVIC CENTER - 1009 Executive Drive, Suite 102, Hixson. 423-870-8924. "Art for the Holidays," through Feb. 28.
RIVER GALLERY - 400 E. Second St. 423-265-5033, ext. 5. www.river-gallery.com. "Contemporary Arts & Crafts," functional metalsmithing pieces by Linda Metcalf, Clay Binkley and Robert Taylor, ceramic works by Mary Lynn Portera and Laurey-Fay Long, wood furniture by Chris Barber and etchings by Jay Pheil, through Jan. 31.
SIXTH CAVALRY MUSEUM - 2 Barnhardt Circle, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. Admission: $3 adult, $2 child or senior adult. 706-861-2860, www.6thcavalrymuseum.com. Display chronicles the "Fighting 6th" from 1861 to present and features soldier's life when Fort Oglethorpe was active Army post (1902-1946). Patton M47 tank and Cobra gunship helicopter are featured exhibits.
THE ART CENTER - 420 W. Main St., Blue Ridge, Ga. 706-632-2144, www.blueridgearts.net.
* "The Art of Marc Moss," exhibit of realism, minimalism, abstract and other works by center's artist-in-residence, through Jan. 10.
* Holiday Show & Sale, through Jan. 10.
UNIVERSITY ART GALLERY - 735 University Ave., Sewanee, Tenn. 931-598-1223. "Laurel Nakadate: Strangers and Relations," Jan. 18-April 6. Artist talk/reception, 4:30 p.m. April 4.