Season for scares in full swing
MASSACRE ON MEIGHAN
* Where: 1404 Cowart St. (turn off Market Street just south of Warehouse Row or off West Main Street between Market and Broad).
* Open: 7 p.m. every Wednesday-Sunday through Oct. 31. Closing time is determined by turnout on Fridays, Saturdays and Halloween; closes at 10 p.m. Wednesdays and other Sundays.
* Admission: $20.
* Phone: 423-309-3396
* Website: www.massacreonmeighan.com.
HOUSE OF HORRORS
* Where: 140 Edwards St., NE (at Inman Street), Cleveland, Tenn. (former site of Sandra Hosiery Mill). Going south on Keith Street, turn left onto Inman Street and follow 0.7 mile to Edwards Street NE (the left-hand turn immediately before the railroad underpass). Building is on the immediate right.
* Open: 7 p.m.-midnight every Friday and Saturday in October, plus Halloween.
* Admission: $10.
* Website: http://wewillscareyou.com.
SIR GOONY'S HAUNTED CARNEVIL
* Where: 5918 Brainerd Road.
* Features: "Vampire Nation" theme and vampire nightclub, The Darkness.
* Open: 7-11 p.m. (or later) every Friday and Saturday in October, plus Halloween.
* Admission: $20 (includes 19 holes of Haunted Golf anytime this month and $40 worth of discounts on other Sir Goony's attractions.
n Phone: 423-892-5922.
* Website: www.sirgoonys.com.
* Where: 8235 Highway 58 (one mile north of the lake; seven minutes from I-75, 10 minutes from Highway 153).
* Features: Haunted house, haunted maze and haunted hayride, graveyard tours, bonfire, scary movies. Fireworks show at 9 p.m. Oct. 31.
* Open: 7 p.m.-1 a.m. (or later) every Friday and Saturday in October, plus Halloween.
* Admission: $15.
* Phone: 423-488-3956.
* Website: www.thehauntedhilltop.com.
THE HAUNTED BARN
* Where: 5107 McDonald Road, McDonald, Tenn. (Take Ooltewah Exit 11 off I-75 and get on Lee Highway toward Cleveland, crossing Ooltewah-Ringgold Road. After road narrows to two lanes, take first right onto Edgmon Road. Cross the railroad tracks, and bear left at the fork. At the first stop sign, turn left onto McDonald Road and take the second drive on the left.)
* Features: Bonfire, graveyard strolls, ghoul dancing.
* Open: 7 p.m.-midnight every Friday and Saturday in October.
* Admission: $15.
* Phone: 423-396-9790.
* Website: www.thehauntedbarnachattanooga.com.
Many area corn mazes also offer after-dark visits this month. Check fyi.timesfreepress.com or individual websites for more information.
* Guthrie Pumpkin Farm and Corn Maze, Riceville, Tenn. Flashlight Nights every Friday and Saturday (bring your own). Haunted Hayride last three weekends. www.tnpumpkinfarm.com.
* Little River Farms, Resaca, Ga. Haunted corn maze every Friday and Saturday, plus Halloween. www.littleriverfarms.com.
* The River Maze, Ocoee, Tenn. Hootin' Hollow open Friday and Saturday nights. www.therivermaze.com.
* Rock City's Enchanted Maze, Flintstone, Ga. Blowing Screams Farm, featuring Forest of Fear and ghost ride, every Friday and Saturday night includes live music, bonfires and makeovers. Entertainment this weekend by Edge of Evolution. www.enchantedmaze.com.