The Chattanooga Chapter of the Southeast Off-Road Bicycle Association will celebrate the grand opening of a 10-mile mountain-bike trail system Saturday at Enterprise South Nature Park.
Activities, taking place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., include a trials demonstration by Doug White, rides at the soon-to-be-completed pump track and dirt-jump area, as well as beginner, intermediate and family rides.
White's demos will take place on the newly constructed skills area between noon and 1:30 p.m. In bike trials, riders must maneuver through sections of a specially designed course, with the object being to make as little physical contact with the ground as possible.
Snacks, water and other beverages will be available to those participating.
All ages are welcome. Helmets are required for safety.
Enterprise South Nature Park is off Volkswagen Drive, accessible from I-75 or Bonny Oaks Drive.
For more information, visit www.SORBAChattanooga.org.
* 10 a.m. Ribbon-cutting ceremony
* 10:45 a.m. Intermediate mountain bike ride
* 11 a.m. Beginner mountain bike ride
* Noon-1:30 p.m. Trials demo by Doug White
* 12:45 p.m. Volunteer recognition ceremony and drawing for a Lynskey Performance titanium frame
* 1:45 p.m. Family-friendly ride (riders under 12 must have parent/guardian along)