Feld Entertainment will present "Disney Live!: Mickey's Magic Show" in two live stage productions Sunday afternoon in McKenzie Arena.
Mickey Mouse will be joined onstage by world-class magician Brad Ross to perform magic in scenes from classic Disney films. Ross was the 2010 recipient of the International Magicians Society's Merlin Award for Best International Family Entertainer.
In "Disney Live!," the magician will escape from a locked trunk and perform a double sawing-in-half illusion.
The whole Disney gang will be on hand to add to the fun: Minnie, Donald and Daisy Duck, Goofy and the Disney princesses.
The audience will see Princess Jasmine levitate right before their eyes. Cinderella's Fairy Godmother will transform her rags into a ballgown in the blink of an eye. The Queen of Hearts has a card act up her sleeve for Alice in Wonderland.
Mickey, in a nod to "Fantasia," will don his sorcerer's apprentice garb and make Minnie levitate while magical brooms dance.
According to a "Disney Live!" news release, famed illusion designer Jim Steinmeyer, who has worked with magicians such as David Copperfield, Lance Burton and Siegfried & Roy, created the illusions for this stage show.
So while the kids will delight in seeing their favorite Disney characters up close, the topnotch magic acts promise to astound adults, resulting in G-rated entertainment that the whole family can enjoy.
IF YOU GO
* What: Mickey's Magic Show.
* When: 2 and 5 p.m. Sunday.
* Where: McKenzie Arena, Fourth and Mabel streets.
* Admission: $15 to $45.
* Phone: 266-MOCS.
'Mickey's Magic Show' Trivia Quiz
1. What magical words did the Fairy Godmother say to help Cinderella get ready for the ball?
A. Hocus Pocus
B. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
2. What vegetable does the Fairy Godmother turn into a coach?
A. A yam
B. A tomato
C. A pumpkin
3. On what enchanted object do Jasmine and Prince Ali fly through the city of Agrabah?
A. A magical broom
B. A magical pogo stick
C. A magical carpet
4. What silly character in "Alice in Wonderland" magically makes an "unbirthday" cake appear out of a hat?
A. The Queen of Hearts
B. The White Rabbit
C. The Mad Hatter
5. How does Belle break the magical spell that was put on the Beast?
A. She gives him a "Get Out of Spells Free" card.
B. She professes her love for the Beast.
C. She gives him a rose.
6. What did Aladdin have to do to set the Genie free?
A. Marry Princess Jasmine
B. Wish him free
C. Defeat Jafar
1-B; 2-C; 3-C; 4-C; 5-B; 6-B.