ALHAMBRA SHRINE CIRCUS -- Camp Jordan Arena, East Ridge. Tarzan Zerbini troupe in performances benefiting Alhambra Shrine, 7 p.m. Thursday; 7:30 p.m. Oct. 7; noon, 4 and 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8; and 1 and 5 p.m. Oct. 9. $15 ages 3 and up. 892-0223.
CAR/MOTORCYCLE SHOW -- Walker County Civic Center, Highway 27, Rock Spring, Ga. Show to benefit Al Millard Stocking Full of Love Christmas Fund for Walker County (postponed from Labor Day). Registration, 8-11:30 a.m. Saturday, $20. Features biscuit and gravy breakfast, NASCAR display, more than 100 awards. 706-638-1909, ext. 276.
CHATTANOOGA GHOST TOURS -- From Walnut Street Bridge (downtown end) to Sheraton Read House. One- and two-hour tours with several stops along the way for ghost stories and place histories, 8:15 nightly. $14 adults, $9 children under 12. 821-7125, www.chattanoogaghosttours.com.
CHATTANOOGA RIVER MARKET -- Tennessee Aquarium plaza, 1 Broad St., Vendors sell local produce, arts, crafts and horticultural projects, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Yoga, 10 a.m.; music by Barefoot Nellie & Company, 12:30 p.m. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
CHOO CHOO KIDS MUSICAL -- Center for Creative Arts, 1301 Dallas Road. Dinner catered by Carrabba's at 6 p.m. precedes 7:30 p.m. show, Oct. 11. $20 for dinner and show, with Thursday reservation deadline; $5 at the door for show only. 209-5937.
FISH FRY BENEFIT -- Marcella Center, 117 Washington Road, Sweetwater, Tenn. Plates ($7) and sandwiches ($4) served 5-8 p.m. today. Free for ages 5 and younger. 423-337-0075.
LAKE WINNIE SCOUT DAY -- Lake Winnepesaukah, 1730 Lakeview Drive, Rossville. Free gate admission and unlimited ride pass to all Scouts wearing field uniform shirt, noon-8 p.m. Sunday. Leaders and family members not included in offer.
MAGIC SHOW -- Athens City Middle School, 200 Keith Lane, Athens, Tenn. Kevin and Cindy Spencer perform illusions, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 11. $21 adults, $11 students. 423-745-8781.
MOTORCYCLE RIDE -- Meet in front of Hamilton County courthouse on Georgia Avenue. United Way of Greater Chattanooga benefit ride to Cumberland Mountain State Park for brunch, Oct. 8. Gather at 8:30 a.m., first bike out a 9 a.m. $15 single, $25 couple, $9.95 buffet. 209-6570
PARKING LOT SALE -- Knitting Mill Antiques, 205 Manufacturers Road. Annual outdoor sale, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. 267-1922.
PICKIN' FOR THE PUPS -- The Camp House, 1427 Williams St. Barbecue, bluegrass and beer party to benefit Goodwill Assistance Dog Academy, 6-10 p.m. Oct. 8. $20; must be 21 or older to attend. 629-2501.
RUBY HURLEY IMAGE AWARDS -- Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St. Annual awards presented by Chattanooga-Hamilton County Branch of NAACP, featuring gospel artist James Bignon and Deliverance Mass Choir, 7 p.m. Oct. 8. $20 per person or six tickets for $100. 432-9776.
STAR WATCH -- Southern Adventist University, parking lot of Hickman Science Center, Collegedale. Telescopes set up for viewing the night sky, 8:30-9:30 p.m. Oct. 7. Free. 236-2669.
STREET FOOD TUESDAYS -- Warehouse Row court, 1110 Market St. Six food trucks serve up specialties, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. every Tuesday through Oct. 25. www.warehouserow.net.
TRAIN RIDES, CHATTANOOGA -- Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
* Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop, daily departures (closed Tuesdays). $15 adults, $9 children ages 3-12.
* Chickamauga Turn: Six-hour trip includes lunch layover in Chickamauga, Ga.,10 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Saturdays through Oct. 11. $33 adults, $25 children, add $20 per ticket for lunch in dining car.
* Eerie Express: 90-minute, family Halloween ride, 5:45 and 7:45 p.m. Oct. 14-15, 21-22, 28-29. $22, includes pumpkin for children 3-12. Reservations required. 894-8028.
* Summerville Steam Special: 90-minute fall-color trip with lunch in Travelers Fare dining car, Oct. 8, 15, 22 and 29, Nov. 5. Reservations required.
TRAIN RIDES, ETOWAH -- Departing from 727 Tennessee Ave., Etowah, Tenn. Hiwassee River Rail Adventures include Hiwassee to Copperhill and shorter Hiwassee Loop rides, selected dates through Nov. 26. 894-8028. www.tvrail.com.
WELLNESS OPEN HOUSE/LADIES NIGHT -- Four Seasons Wellness, 6237 Vance Road, Suite 4. Free chair massages, hand facials and acupuncture in community clinic; essential oil demonstrations; meditation massage at 6 p.m.; bio-identical hormone class at 7:30 p.m. today. Also features food, product discounts and samples. www.fourseasonswellness.com.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- All locations of the Chattanooga public library system -- Downtown, Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga -- have preschool story time. All but South Chattanooga have Adventure Club for children ages 6 and up. Teen center, Teen Stack, at Downtown Library. For more information about all programming, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
* Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
* Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday (closed Wednesdays), noon-5 p.m. Sunday. $10.95 adults and children. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
* Current exhibit: "Kids Like You, Kids Like Me," through Nov. 6. Special guests: Saturday, Elaine Adams from Chattanooga Parks and Recreation presents programs and events for disabled citizens; Oct. 8, Jeananne Macafee from Paws with a Cause visits with Tinkerbell the therapy horse.
* PlayGym: Parent-child activities led by Jenette Dean, first Saturday of each month through December. 10:30 a.m., 1-year-olds, 11:30 a.m. 2-3-year-olds. Cost for three sessions is $32.50 members, $42.50 nonmembers, reservations and advance payment required.
ART -- Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St., 266-2712.
* Wet-Carved Cement Workshop, taught by Elder Jones, 6-9 p.m. Oct. 7; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 8; 10 a.m.-noon Oct. 9. $250 includes materials.
* Torso Sculpting, taught by Cessna Decosimo, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 15-16. $275 includes materials.
ASTRONOMY -- Chattanooga Arboretum and Nature Center, 400 Garden Road. Workshop teaches basic knowledge of astronomy, 8-9:30 p.m. today. $5 adults, $2 children CACN members, $8 adults, $4 children nonmembers. Call today for space availability. 821-1160.
BEGINNING GENEALOGY -- Chattanooga Public Library branches. Workshops 10 a.m.-noon; $3. Reservations requested by calling library branch.
* Downtown branch, 1001 Broad St., Saturday. 757-5317.
* Eastgate branch, 5900 Building, 5705 Marlin Road, Oct. 8. 855-2685.
BIG BAND -- American Legion Post 95, 3329 Ringgold Road. Music by the Legionnaires, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. $6 per person. 624-9105.
RED BANK SENIORS ON THE GO -- Red Bank Community Center, Tom Weathers Drive behind Erlanger North Hospital. Music by Chattanooga DJ Group, 7-10 p.m. Oct. 7. Free but donations taken to cover expenses. 876-9458.
SENIORS -- Carpenters Union Hall, 6260 Dayton Blvd. Music by The Classic Country Band, 7-10 p.m. today. 877-2338.
SENIORS -- Teamsters Building, 4431 Bonny Oaks Drive. Music by Bounty Hunters Country Band, 7-10 p.m. Saturday. $5 donation.