BATTLEFIELD BIKE TOUR - Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. Bring bike and helmet and join ranger for two-hour ride through battlefield, 9:30 a.m. Aug. 18. Meet at Visitor Center. Children 8 and older may ride when accompanied by an adult. 706-866-9241.
BENEFIT CAR WASH - Advance Auto Parts, 4970 Highway 58. Car wash to fund new uniforms for Central High School color guard, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. $5 per car. 344-3351.
CHATTANOOGA RIVER MARKET - Tennessee Aquarium plaza, 1 Broad St. Vendors sell local produce, arts, crafts and horticultural projects, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
COIN SHOW - Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Road, Dalton, Ga. Blue Ridge Numismatic Association Coin Show, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Aug. 17-18, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 19. 706-272-7676.
CRUISE-IN IN THE PARK - LaFayette Road, off Highway 27, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. All vehicles and spectators welcome, 4 p.m. Aug. 18. Door prizes, cash drawing, 1950s-60s music. No charge. 706-866-8290.
DOWNTOWN KAYAK ADVENTURES - Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St. in Coolidge Park. Beginner-friendly trips take paddlers around The Passage, Maclellan Island and Ross's Landing, 9-11:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Aug. 26. $35 adults, $25 child ages 8-13. No experience needed. Reservations required: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRESH ON FRIDAYS - Miller Plaza, 850 Market St. Twelve trucks selling food, plus vendors with flowers and produce, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays. 265-3700.
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE BETH - Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St. Evening of fun for adults outside a club setting, 7 p.m. today. $10 admission per person, $20 with dinner, $35 per couple with dinner. 266-1384.
HIKES - Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
• Saturday: Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., easy 4-5 miles, meet at Highway 153 Target parking lot, 8 a.m.
• Tuesday: North Chickamauga Creek loop, 3 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy, 9 a.m.
• Aug. 18: Retro Hughes Road to Lower Leggett Road trail, 7.5 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy, 8 a.m.
LUAU AT THE WINERY - Georgia Winery, 6469 Battlefield Parkway, Ringgold, Ga. Sample pina colada wine, wine slushies and white chocolate fountain; listen to steel drum music by Paul Vogler, noon-4 p.m. Saturday. Free. www.geo rgiawines.com.
RINGGOLD MARKET - Downtown Ringgold, Ga., outside the courthouse. New farmers market with some crafts, 8-11 a.m. Saturdays. Sponsored by Chattanooga Market. 402-9958.
RIVER CANYON ADVENTURE - River Canyon Apartments, 21726 River Canyon Road. Kayak and paddleboard rentals, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Also, three-hour trips at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. either to Williams Island or to Raccoon Mountain. Boat pickup an extra $10. Reservations: 987-1711.
ROCK CITY - 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, Ga. Events Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day. $18.95 adults, $10.95 children 3-12. www.seerockcity.com
• New Binkley Brothers: Noon-4 p.m. at Lover's Leap.
• Birds of Prey: 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. Additional 4:30 p.m. show Saturdays.
TRAIN RIDES - Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
• Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop. Fridays-Sundays. $16 adults, $10 children ages 3-12.
• Chickamauga Turn: Six-hour trip includes lunch layover in Chickamauga, Ga.,10 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 29. $34 adults, $26 children, ticket upgrade available for lunch in dining car.
YAPPY MEOWER - Carrabba's Italian Grill, Hamilton Place. Monthly happy-hour promotion features drinks and appetizers for $20 donation to McKamey Animal Center, 5-7 p.m. Monday. www.mckameyanimalcenter.org.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY - 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For information on preschool story time, Adventure Club for children ages 6 and up, and the teen center, Teen Stack, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
• Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
• Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CONSIGNMENT SALE - Sweet WeePeets, 6933 Lee Highway (next to Rush Fitness). www.sweetweepeets.com.
• Aug. 18-25: Kids sale, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. final Saturday, 50 percent off remaining items.
GIRL SCOUT RECRUITMENT - Various locations. Registration drive Saturday. 800-474-1912.
• Northgate Mall near Justice and Hot Topic, Hixson, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Renaissance Park, corner of Cherokee Boulevard and Manufacturers Road, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Deer Park, Harel Avenue, Cleveland, Tenn. 2-6 p.m.
• Joe Stock Memorial Park, 208 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
ART - Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St. Registration required for all classes. 266-2712. Chinese brush work, with instructor An Ho, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 18-19. $195 includes materials.
GENEALOGY - First-Centenary United Methodist Church, Oak Street Center, corner of Oak and Houston streets. For for beginners and advanced students, 9 a.m. Aug. 18. Registration fee of $20 includes box lunch. Send check made to Signal Mountain Genealogial Society, P.O.Box 400, Signal Mountain, TN 37377.
POTTERY - EAC Pottery Studio, John A. Patten Recreation Center, 3204 Kelly's Ferry Road. Hours: 6-9 p.m. Mondays, 3-9 p.m. Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays. Cost: $10 for three-hour session, $25 for 25 pounds of clay, which includes bisque and glaze firing. 260-0255.
BALLROOM PARTY - Hamilton Academy of Dance, 8509 Hixson Pike. Dancing 7:30-10 p.m. Aug. 18, with lesson at 6:30 p.m. $7. 667-0017.
LINE - Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Dance to music of all genres, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday. $7 per evening, $22 monthly. www.linesinmotion.net.
SINGLES - First-Centenary United Methodist Church, Mohney Hall, 399 McCallie Ave. Beach-themed dance with special price to thank supporters of Positive Christian Singles, 7-10 p.m. Saturday. $2. 622-8180.
USA BALLROOM - Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Dance 7:30-11 p.m. today. $5 first-time guests. 499-5738.