ACT-SO REGISTRATION -- Center for Creative Arts, 1301 Dallas Road. Chattanooga Hamilton County NAACP sponsors orientation session for Academic Cultural Technological Scientific Olympics, an academic and performance competition for black high school students, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday. Free. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, 400-1040.
GIRL SCOUT DAY -- Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St. Special programming and admission discounts, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 28. $10 Scouts and leaders in uniform, $20 parents and other adults. 800-262-0695.
HIKES, GEORGIA -- Cloudland Canyon State Park, 122 Cloudland Canyon Park Road, Rising Fawn, Ga. All hikes led by Georgia Girl Guides of Trenton. 706-913-7170.
* Introduction to Caving: 2 p.m. Saturdays in January, for ages 6 and older. Guides will direct participants through a crawl space and walk with participants to underground river. $20.
* Wild Cave Tour: 10 a.m. Saturdays and 4 p.m. Wednesdays in January, for ages 6 and older. Two-hour adventure to get muddy, wet and climb on rocks. Must be able to crawl, stoop, balance, climb and wade into cold water.
HIKES, TENNESSEE -- Various locations. Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
* Saturday: Raccoon Mountain, 6.5-7 miles, meeting at Food Lion parking lot on Browns Ferry Road to carpool to site, 9 a.m.
* Wednesday: Hotwater Road to Deep Creek, 5 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot next to tennis courts, 9:30 a.m.
* Jan. 28: Signal Point to Mushroom Rock, 8 miles, 9 a.m., meet at Walmart at the foot of Signal Mountain to carpool to site.
PINK! GALA -- Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Fundraiser for MaryEllen Locher Breast Center at Memorial Hospital is sold out, but online auction continues through Monday. www.memorial.org/pink. 495-7465.
WINE AND CHEESE TASTING -- Blue Ridge Mountains Arts Center, 420 W. Main St., Blue Ridge, Ga. Discounted tickets available through Sunday for Feb. 11 Valentine's fundraiser, featuring games, raffles, music, gourmet cheeses and fine wine. Save $5 off regular price of $25 members, $35 nonmembers. 706-632-2144, www.blueridgearts.net.
WINEMAKING COMPETITION -- The Georgia Winery, 6469 Battlefield Parkway. Saturday is last day for amateurs to submit homemade wines in regional competition, 2 p.m. winery tours; $15 first entry, $5 each additional wine. Winners announced 4-6 p.m. Jan. 28. 706-937-9463.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For programming information, including preschool storytime, Adventure Club for ages 6 and up, and Teen Stack for teens, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
* Thursday: Chattanooga Storytellers, 7 p.m. 779-4466.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
* Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
* Books Never Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774, www.booksneverending.com
CONSIGNMENT SALE -- Sweet WeePeets, 6933 Lee Highway. Registration ongoing for new volunteers for sale Feb. 18-25. www.sweetweepeets.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
* New exhibit: "Children of Hangzhou: Connecting with China," through May 13.
* Chinese New Year: Lion dance and martial-arts performances, noon-4 p.m. Saturday.
ART CLASSES -- Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St., Preregistration required for all classes. 266-2712.
* Saturday-Sunday: The Art of the Tin Can, Karen Rudolph instructor, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
* Monday-Feb. 27: Drawing 102, Thomas Caleb Goggans instructor, 6-9 p.m.
* Tuesday-Feb. 28: Oil Painting Workshop, James Courtenay James instructor, 6-9 p.m.
* Jan. 28-29: Floral Painting, Mia Bergeron instructor, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
WILDLIFE WORKSHOPS -- Chattanooga Arboretum & Nature Center, 400 Garden Road. 821-1160. Owl Pellet Dissection, 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday. $5 adult members, $11 nonmembers, $8 children. Advance registration and payment required. Price includes all-day admission and an owl pellet for each participant.
FATHER-DAUGHTER DANCE -- Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Valentine's-themed dance for dads and daughters ages 3-17, 7-10 p.m. Feb. 10. $30 per person, includes hors d'oeuvres and dessert buffet. Call 842-6748 and use credit card to purchase tickets now.
LINE DANCE CLASS -- Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Classes 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays in January. $7 per session, $22 for month. No partner or experience required. 309-6842.