BODYBUILDING CONTEST -- Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St. NPC Battle at the River presented by TrainStation Fitness with guest pro Tony Alves, 9 a.m. prejudging, 6:30 p.m. finals June 9. Prejudging tickets $10, finals $35 reserved, $25 general admission. www. tennesseebodybuilding.org.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For information on preschool story time, Adventure Club for ages 6 and up, or teen center, Teen Stack, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
* Saturday: Internet Genealogy Workshop, Northgate Library, 10 a.m . Free but registration required, 870-0636.
* Saturday and June 9: All-day "Dr. Who" marathons as part of teen Summer Reading Program, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Ongoing: Summer Reading Program registration for children, teens and adults, all library branches.
CHILI COOKOFF -- Highland Park Commons, 1918 Union Ave. Sample chili recipes made by 12 teams in Chattanooga Sports Ministries soccer league, then vote for your favorite, 9 a.m. June 9. Winner announced about 1:30 p.m. Hot dogs and hamburgers sold. www.csm.is.
CIVIL WAR HISTORY -- Renaissance Park, Manufacturers Road. Meet at restroom pavilion for Chattanooga History Center program commemorating the 150th anniversary of "Negley's Raid & the First Shots at Chattanooga, June 1862," 7 p.m. Thursday. Free admission. 265-3247.
CRUISE-IN/CAR SHOW -- East side of downtown square in LaFayette, Ga. No entry fee for car show, noon-5 p.m. Saturday. Free to spectators. Concessions sold. 706-639-1519.
CRUISE-IN -- East Chattanooga Church of God, 4872 Jersey Pike. Friend Day cruise-in open to all specialty cars, trucks and motorcycles, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. No entry fee. 334-2803.
DISABILITY JOB FAIR -- Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road. Bring resume copies, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday. Free. 643-6706. Prep Sessions: Eastgate Town Center, Community Room, 5600 Brainerd Road, 1-4 p.m. today, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Monday. 634-6725.
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE BETH -- Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St. Evening of fun for adults outside a club setting, 7 p.m. today. $10 per person, $20 with dinner, $35 per couple with dinner. 266-1384.
HIKES -- Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
* Saturday: National Trails Day at Greenway Farms cabin, 5051 Gann Store Road, various trails ranked easy to moderate, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Trail maps and bottled water at log cabin.
* Tuesday: Cravens House to Sunset Rock and back, 3-4 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo parking lot at 8 a.m.
* June 9: Sluder Lane to Big Soddy Creek and back, 10 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy at 8 a.m.
MINI-GOLF DAY -- Scenic City Mini Golf, 21 E. Seventh St. Drop in for unlimited mini golf, music, 1-9 p.m. June 9. $8 adults, $6 youth. Order tickets in advance: 233-0926. www.sceniccityminigolf.com.
NATURE WALK -- Fletcher Park, Tennessee Nursery Road, Cleveland, Tenn. Naturalist Doug Elliott leads Wildwoods Ramble, fundraiser for Museum Center at Five Points, 1 p.m. June 9. $5 museum members, $8 nonmembers. Reservation deadline is Wednesday. 339-5745.
* "Doug Elliott Concert: Evening of Appalachian Woodlore," Cleveland Public Library's community room, 795 Church St., Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m. June 9. Free. Also sponsored by Museum Center at Five Points.
RACQUETS ON THE RIVERWALK -- Manker Patten Tennis Club, 100 Douglas St. Those hiking or biking on the Tennessee Riverwalk are invited to stop to watch the Icy Hot TVOC tennis tournament, with daily matches starting Thursday at 8:30 a.m. Free bike rack usage. Strawberries and cream served morning of finals, June 10. 266-6767, www.mankerpatten.org.
RIDE 4 SMILES -- Thunder Creek Harley-Davidson, 7720 Lee Highway. Registration at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, with last bike out by noon, for poker run stopping at three motorcycle dealerships and lunch at Texas Roadhouse, ending at Sugar's Ribs about 3 p .m. Benefits children and adults with craniofacial disorders through FACES. 266-1632.
RIVER CANYON ADVENTURE -- River Canyon Apartments, 21726 River Canyon Road. Kayak and paddleboard rentals, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily through Labor Day. Also, three-hour trips at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. either to Williams Island or to Raccoon Mountain. Boat pickup an extra $10. Reservations: 987-1711.
ROCK AND RIDE FESTIVAL -- Mystery Dog Ranch, 975 Wooten Road, Ringgold, Ga. Music, Old West town, tractor rides, children's activities to benefit Hoxho Therapeutic Equestrian Services, 3-11 p.m. Saturday. $5 per car, $20 family of four or more. 706-935-5559.
ROCK CITY -- 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, Ga. Events Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day. $18.95 adults, $10.95 children 3-12. www.seerockcity.com
* New Binkley Brothers: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Lover's Leap.
* Birds of Prey: 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m. Additional 4:30 p.m. show Saturdays and every day the week of July Fourth.
SPLASH INTO SPRING -- TVA Chickamauga Dam, Amnicola Highway. Paddlesports festival with clinics and demonstrations on kayaking, canoeing, paddlebording, dragon boating and sailing, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. June 9. www.outdoorchattanooga.com.
TRAIN RIDES -- Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
* Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop. Fridays-Sundays. $16 adults, $10 children ages 3-12.
* Chickamauga Turn: Six-hour trip includes lunch layover in Chickamauga, Ga.,10 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 29. $34 adults, $26 children, ticket upgrade available for lunch in dining car.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
* Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
* Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. New exhibit, "Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination," though Sept. 9. $11.95 adults and children. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
ROSSVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY -- 504 McFarland Ave., Rossville. 706-866-1368.
* Saturday: Summer Reading Program kickoff, 12:30-2:45 p.m. Storyteller Dave Holland, games, crafts, refreshments, free.
* Tuesday: Children's storytelling, 10:30 a.m.
* Thursday: Own the Night: Wii games for teens, 2-5 p.m.
* Thursday: Adult yoga class, 6:30 p.m. Bring a towel or mat.
ART -- Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St. Registration required for all classes. 266-2712.
* Friday-June 10: Still Life Painting, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., $350. Alia El-Bermani instructor.
* June 23: Pen & Ink Drawing, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., $125. James Courtenay James instructor.
DOG OBEDIENCE -- Obedience Club of Chattanooga, Highway 193, Flintstone, Ga. 517-1448.
* Sunday: Registration, 1-3 p.m., bring dog's updated shot record.
* Monday: Classes begins.
FOOD -- UT Extension Service Office, 6183 Adamson Circle. To register: 855-6113.
* Thursday: Food preservation class, 9:30-11 a.m. or 6-8 p.m. Learn how to can and freeze foods. $20. Registration deadline: Monday.
* June 21: Stretching Your Food Dollar, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. or 6-8 p.m. Learn about federally funded programs to assist families on limited budgets. Free.
SUMMER ART WORKSHOP -- Marcella Center, 117 Washington Road, Sweetwater, Tenn. Sessions 10 a.m.-noon for ages 7-9, 1-3 p.m. for ages 10-12, June 9-July 14. 423-337-0075.
BIG BAND -- American Legion Post 95, 3329 Ringgold Road. Music by The Legionnaires, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. $5 per person. 624-9105.
LINE -- Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. For beginners and more experienced dancers, Mondays; 5:30-6:30 beginners, 6:30-7:30 p.m. improved, 7:30-8:30 p.m. intermediate. $7 per evening, $22 monthly. 309-6842.
SHAG -- Elks Lodge, Graysville Road at East Brainerd Road. Dance with Choo Choo Shag Dance Club, 7 p.m. Thursday. $5 members, $7 guests, free to first-time guests. firstname.lastname@example.org.