CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For programming information on preschool story time, Adventure Club for children ages 6 and up, and the teen center, Teen Stack, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chatt anooga.gov.
• Saturday: Internet Genealogy Workshop, Eastgate Library, free but registration required, 10 a.m. 855-2685.
• Saturday: Master Gardeners' class on flowers, Downtown Library plaza, 2:30 p.m.
• June 2: Internet Genealogy Workshop, Northgate Library, free but registration required, 10 a.m. 870-0636.
• Ongoing: Summer Reading Program registration for children, teens and adults, all library branches.
CHATTANOOGA RIVER MARKET -- Tennessee Aquarium plaza, 1 Broad St. Vendors sell local produce, arts, crafts and horticultural projects, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Music by Sweet Georgia Sound at noon. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
CRUISE-IN/CAR SHOW -- East side of downtown square in LaFayette, Ga. No entry fee for car show, noon-5 p.m. June 2. Free to spectators. Concessions sold. 706-639-1519.
CRUISE-IN -- East Chattanooga Church of God, 4872 Jersey Pike. Friend Day cruise-in open to all specialty cars, trucks and motorcycles, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 3. No entry fee, free lunch provided at noon. 334-2803.
DISABILITY JOB FAIR -- Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road.
• Bring copies of resume for job fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 6. Free. 643-6706.
• Prep Sessions: 1-4 p.m. June 1 or 3:30-4:30 p.m. June 4 at Eastgate Town Center, Community Room, 5600 Brainerd Road. 634-6725.
DIXIE HIGHWAY YARD SALE -- Ringgold to Marietta, Ga. Ninety-mile roadside sale on U.S. Highway 41, 7 a.m. to dusk June 1-3. www.facebook.com/DixieHighway90MileYardSale.
FILM SERIES -- Jewish Cultural Center, 5461 North Terrace. Screening of "A Matter of Size," an Israeli comedy about four overweight men who learn to love themselves through sumo wrestling, 7 p.m. Wednesday. For ages 16 and older. $5. 493-0270
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE BETH -- Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th St. Evening of fun for adults outside a club setting, 7 p.m. today. $10 admission per person, $20 with dinner, $35 per couple with dinner. 266-1384.
HIKES -- Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
• Saturday: Prentice Cooper State Forest, Pot Point Loop Trail, 11 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo at 8 a.m.
• Tuesday: Possum Lake hike, meet at Durham Street parking lot at 9 a.m.
• June 2: National Trails Day at Greenway Farms cabin, various trails ranked easy to moderate, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
OUTDOOR OPEN HOUSE -- 1813 Old Wauhatchie Pike. Lookout Mountain Conservancy hosts "Open Minds, Open House, Open Space: A Mingling of the Minds on the Mountainside" to brainstorm ideas for use of newly acquired 7-acre tract adjoining John Wilson Park, 5-8 p.m. Thursday. 423-322-8053, www.lookoutmountainconservancy.org.
RIDE 4 SMILES -- Thunder Creek Harley-Davidson, 7720 Lee Highway. Registration at 10:30 a.m. June 2, with last bike out by noon, for poker run stopping at three motorcycle dealerships and lunch at Texas Roadhouse, ending at Sugar's Ribs about 3 p.m. Benefits children and adults with craniofacial disorders through FACES. 266-1632.
RINGGOLD MARKET -- Outside Catoosa County Courthouse, downtown Ringgold, Ga. New farmers market with some crafts sponsored by Chattanooga Market, 8-11 a.m. Saturdays, starting June 2. 402-9958.
RK GUN & KNIFE SHOW -- Camp Jordan Arena, 323 Camp Jordan Road, East Ridge. Vendors at 300 tables, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. 490-0078, http://rkshows.com.
SENIOR HEALTH/FITNESS EXPO -- Senior Activity Center inside Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road. Fun walk, fitness demonstrations, health far, prizes, refreshments, information, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday. Free. 855-9444.
TRAIN RIDES -- Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
• Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop. Fridays-Sundays. $16 adults, $10 children ages 3-12.
• Chickamauga Turn: Six-hour trip includes lunch layover in Chickamauga, Ga., 10 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 29. $34 adults, $26 children, ticket upgrade available for lunch in dining car.
YAPPY MEOWER -- McKamey Animal Center, 4500 North Access Road. Butts for Mutts barbecue dinner with sides and beverage, 5-7 p.m. June 4. $20. 425-3750
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
• Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
• Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. $11.95 adults and children. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
• Cooking On the Rooftop: 212 Market chef teaches simple, healthy recipes using local produce; noon, Saturday.
• New exhibit: "Tinkertoy: Build Your Imagination," Saturday through Sept. 9.
LAFAYETTE-WALKER COUNTY LIBRARY -- 305 Duke St., LaFayette, Ga. 706-638-2992.
• Tuesday: Brown Bag Book Club, noon, featured book is "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain.
• Wednesday: Homeschool children reading event, 1 p.m.
ART -- Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St. Alia El Bermani teaches Still Life Painting, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. June 8-10. $350. Registration required. 266-2712.
DOG OBEDIENCE -- Obedience Club of Chattanooga, Highway 193, Flintstone, Ga. 517-1448. Registration, 1-3 p.m. June 3. Bring dog's updated shot record. Classes begin June 4.
FOOD PRESERVATION -- UT Extension Service Office, 6183 Adamson Circle. Learn how to can and freeze foods, 9:30-11:30 a.m. or 6-8 p.m. June 7. $20. Registration deadline June 4. 855-6113.
POTTERY -- EAC Pottery Studio, John A. Patten Recreation Center, 3204 Kelly's Ferry Road. Hours: 6-9 p.m. Mondays, 3-9 p.m. Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays. Cost: $10 for three-hour session, $25 for 25 pounds of clay, which includes bisque and glaze firing. 260-0255.
BALLROOM -- Chattanooga DanceSport at Scenic City Dance Center, 6435 Lee Highway (formerly McKay's). Lesson at 8 p.m. today, dancing 9-11 p.m. $10 per person, no partner required. 635-5976.
CONTRA -- All Saints Academy, 310 E. Eighth St. Dance to music by Jack Pine Savages Band, with caller Chrissy Davis-Camp, 8-11 p.m. Saturday; free lesson at 7:30 p.m. $8 adults, $5 students, $20 family maximum. www.contranooga.org.
LINE -- Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road, 5:30-6:30 beginners, 6:30-7:30 p.m. improved, 7:30-8:30 p.m. intermediates. Monday, $7 per evening, $22 monthly. 309-6842.
SHAG -- Elks Lodge, Graysville Road at East Brainerd Road. Dance with Choo Choo Shag Dance Club, 7 p.m. Thursday. $5 members, $7 guests, free to first-time guests. firstname.lastname@example.org.