CANDLES AND CAROLS - Oak Hill and Martha Berry Museum; park at 1825 Martha Berry Blvd., Rome, Ga. Historic Berry home open for tours, gardens illuminated with thousands of lights, photos with Santa and carolers, 6-8 p.m. Dec 6-7. $10 adults, $5 children 12 and younger. www.oakhillmuseum.com.
CHATTANOOGA ARBORETUM AND NATURE CENTER - 400 Garden Road. All events require registration: 423-821-1160. Waterfowl ID, 11 a.m.; Wildlife Wanderland Tour, 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30.
CHATTANOOGA GHOST TOURS - The Little Curiosity Shoppe, 138 Market St. Walking tours through downtown, ghost hunts through University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Citizens Cemetery, 7:30 nightly until Nov. 30, then Fridays and Saturdays until March 1. $15 adults, $10, ages 12 and younger. 423-821-7125.
CHATTANOOGA MARKET - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1100 Carter St. Holiday market of locally produced art, crafts and other gift ideas, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 7, 14 and 21; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 8, 15 and 22. 423-402-9958. No market Sunday, Dec. 1, at First Tennessee Pavilion. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
CHRISTMAS BAZAAR - Mars Theatre, 117 N. Chattanooga St., LaFayette, Ga. Gift market sponsored by Northwest Georgia Arts Guild, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 7 and 14; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 21. 423-315-4335.
CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE - Cravens House, Lookout Mountain. Tours of historic home decorated in manner of Civil War era. Tours every 30 minutes, 6-8 p.m. Dec. 6-7. Reservations required due to space limitations: 423-821-7786.
FALL COLOR CANOE FLOAT - Wolftever boat ramp, 8002 Highway 58. Join Harrison Bay State Park rangers for final two-hour sunset canoe float through coves of Lake Chickamauga, 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30. For ages 12 and older. Free and all equipment provided. Wear warm clothing, bring water and snack. 423-344-6214.
HIKES - Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. Carpool locations given for those who want to meet group. 423-842-3619.
* Saturday, Nov. 30: Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., 6 miles, meet in parking lot of Highway 153 Target, 9 a.m.
* Tuesday, Dec. 3: Sterchi Farm, easy four miles, meet in parking lot of Highway 153 Bi-Lo, 9 a.m.
* Saturday, Dec. 7: Stinging Fork and Twin Rock Overlook, moderate 5 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy, 9 a.m.
HOLIDAY ENGLISH TEA - Houston Museum of Decorative Arts, 201 High St. Open house at glass/china museum includes proper English tea, viewing of current exhibit of memorable museum pieces with quotes from famous tea drinkers, 1-4 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15. $25 adults, $20 seniors 65 and older, $5 children 4-12, includes museum tour. Reservations: 423-267-7176.
HOLIDAYS UNDER THE PEAKS - Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St. Daily programs on aquarium animals, Scuba Claus at 11 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays through Dec. 22. Free with regular aquarium admission: $24.95 adults, $14.95 children 3-12. www.tnaqua.org.
MARSH HOUSE CANDLELIGHT TOURS - Marsh House, 308 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga. Historic home decorated for holidays with reenactors in period dress of Civil War era, 6-8 p.m. Dec. 7-8, 14-15, 21-22. Tours benefit Walker County Historical Society-Marsh House Task Force. $5 adults, $1 children. 706-764-2801.
OOLTEWAH FARMERS MARKET - Ooltewah Nursery & Landscape Co., 5829 Main St. Open 3-5 p.m. Thursdays, but closed today, Nov. 28. 423-238-9775.
TRAIN RIDES - Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 423-894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
* Missionary Ridge Local: Six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop. Departures 10:40 a.m., 12:05, 1:15, 2:25 Saturdays and Sundays in November, Saturdays only in December; $16 adults, $10 ages 3-12.
* North Pole Limited: Refreshments, storytelling, sing-alongs and Santa gives present to each child on train ride, $24 all ages. Departures 5:45 and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 29-30; 5:45, 7:30 and 9:15 p.m. Dec. 6-8, 13-15, 20-22.
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM - 321 Chestnut St. $11.95 adults and children. 423-756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
* Nov. 29-Dec. 21: Gingerbread House workshops, admission for three people is $25 CDM members, $45 nonmembers, workshops start at either 10:30 am. or 2 p.m. For complete schedule of days and times: www.cdmfun.org.
* Dec. 7: Preschool Adventure Day, 10 a.m.-noon, visit Gingerbread Village, play with dough, frost a cookie, make a baker's hat and gingerbread puppet.
SMALL FRY MINI-PROGRAMS - Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St. Programs for young children accompanied by their parent/caregiver, 10:15-11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, and Dec. 5. Free with regular aquarium admission. 800-262-0695.