* Alabama Gourd Festival: Cullman Civic Center, Cullman, Ala., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday (all times Central); $3 ages 13 and older; all crafts made of gourds. alabamagourdsociety.org.
* Antique Engine and Tractor Show: Cherokee Capital Fairgrounds, 1050 Liberty Road SW, Calhoun, Ga. Gordon County Antique Engine and Tractor Club presents power parade, tractor games, vendors, children's tractor train, wheat-threshing, baling, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Saturday; pinto beans and cornbread fundraising dinner, 11 a.m. Saturday. Free. 770-773-0855.
* Christmas Bazaar: Tasso United Methodist Church, 1106 Tasso Lane, Cleveland, Tenn., 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday; free admission, $5 lunch. 423-614-5318.
* Cleveland Apple Festival: Downtown Cleveland, Tenn., 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 1-6 p.m. Sunday; two-day pass $6 adults, $4 children; one-day ticket $4 adults, $3 children. clevelandapplefestival.org.
* Colorfest: Downtown Mentone, Ala., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. (all times Central) Sunday; free. 706-634-3001.
* Days of Yesteryear Antique Tractor and Engine Show: 17900 U.S. 127, Dunlap, Tenn. Food and craft vendors, hayrides, hammer mill and cutoff saw demonstrations, woodworking, blacksmithing, Tractor Olympics, potato sack races, children's barrel train, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, 1-4 p.m. Sunday (all times Central). Free. www.days-of-yesteryear.com, 423-554-3276, 423-949-6537.
* Ellijay Apple Festival: Ellijay Lions Club Fairgrounds, 1729 S. Main St., Ellijay, Ga., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday; $5 ages 11 and older. georgiaapplefestival.org.
* Ketner's Mill Country Arts Fair: Powell's Crossroads, between state Highways 27 and 28 near Whitwell, Tenn., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Sunday (all times Eastern); $6 ages 13 and older. ketnersmill.org.
* Neighbor Day: Bachman Academy, 414 Brymer Creek Road, McDonald, Tenn. Free food, music, open car and motorcycle show ($15 entry fee), vehicle parts swap, tractor exhibit, chili cook-off, free carnival games and activities, including inflatables, horse rides and face painting, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. 423-479-4523, www.bachmanacademy.org/blog/neighbordayoct19.
* New Echota Days: New Echota Historic Site, Calhoun, Ga., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, $5.50-$7.50, living-history demonstrations, tours of historic grounds of Cherokee capital, storytelling, crafts, authentic foods, Cherokee music at 4 p.m. 706-624-1321.
* Oktoberfest: Chattanooga Market, First Tennessee Pavilion, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, celebration of German food, music and dancing; free. chattanoogamarket.com.
* Webb School Arts and Crafts Show: Webb School campus, 319 Webb Road and downtown Bell Buckle, Tenn., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday (all times Central), 500 exhibitors. 931-389-9663.