• What: Chattanooga Boutique Warehouse Sale.
• When: 5-8 p.m. today, Aug. 21 (Sip & Shop preview), 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Aug. 22-23 (general sale).
• Where: Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St.
• Admission: $15 donation to charity tonight; free Friday and Saturday
• Phone: 706-602-1001
• Website: www.facebook.com/BoutiqueWarehouseSale
Discount designer duds are up for grabs at the fall Chattanooga Boutique Warehouse Sale this weekend at Stratton Hall. You can get first pick tonight, Aug. 21, with a $15 donation to charity, or browse for free Friday and Saturday, Aug. 22-23.
Organized every six to eight months by Penny Mitchum, the sales bring together a couple dozen boutiques from Chattanooga and the surrounding area, offering discounts of up to 90 percent. Most of the merchandise is apparel, shoes and accessories, such as handmade jewelry. The racks include outerwear, plus sizes for women and selections for men and children. This sale also will have spa treatments and ironworks for home and garden.
Proceeds from tonight's Sip & Shop preview go the Connor Pullen Foundation, organized to further awareness of and research into pediatric diffuse lung disease. Wine and light bites from 1885 Grill are included in admission.
There's no charge for entry Friday and Saturday, and 1885 Grill will be selling lunches on-site for shoppers who work up an appetite.