* Population: 6,514.
* Geographic area: Located in Hamilton County's southeastern quadrant, Collegedale comprises about eight square miles, all of it land.
* Date founded: 1968.
* Landmarks or geographic features: Directly adjacent to the Enterprise South industrial complex, a manufacturing mecca with inhabitants such as Volkswagen and (in the future) Amazon.
* Median income: $42,270.
* Unique characteristics: Home to McKee Foods, which produces Little Debbie snack cakes. It's one of Hamilton County's largest employers.
* Most famous residents: O.D. McKee, one of several key people who decided to move the family business from Charlotte, N.C., to Collegedale.
* History: Southern Adventist University, then a junior college, was the impetus for Collegedale. The city was incorporated in 1968.
* Unique traditions: Last May, McKee Foods celebrated the 50th year of using the Little Debbie name. A 75-pound Oatmeal Creme Pie - a table-length dessert - was sliced and devoured in celebration.
* Schools: A.W. Spalding Elementary School, Collegedale Academy, Southern Adventist University.
* Best-kept secret: Southern Adventist University's gymnastics team, which occasionally fills intermissions at various sporting events, such as UTC basketball games.
* Fun fact: There are 160 Little Debbie varieties.