* Population: 20,640.
* Geographic area: Bordered by Chattanooga to the west, north and east, East Ridge is the first Hamilton County municipality motorists encounter as they travel Interstate 75 north from Georgia to Tennessee.
* Date founded: 1921.
* Landmarks or geographic features: Used for recreation, conventions and sports, Camp Jordan has been dubbed "the pride of East Ridge." It's located near 1,500 hotel rooms, and many restaurants are within a mile of the facility.
* Median income: $36,347.
* Most famous native: Former U.S. Rep. Zach Wamp.
* History: Old photographs and historic information are available at the East Ridge History Center on Tombras Avenue.
* Unique traditions: Last year, East Ridge held a contest to create the city flag. Vice Mayor Tom Card had the winner - an orange-and-white banner featuring the city's emblematic pioneer mixed with elements of Tennessee's state flag.
* Schools: East Ridge Elementary, Spring Creek Elementary, East Ridge Middle School, East Ridge High School.
* Best-kept secret: Judging from its packed parking lot, it's not a secret in East Ridge, but Wally's has a Southern-style buffet for anyone in need of a quick, filling lunch.
* Fun fact: East Ridge will celebrate its 90th birthday soon. Dot Guinn, a resident who also will turn 90 this year, has been lobbying the council to hold a parade and throw a birthday party for both her and the city.