* Population: 400.
* Geographic area: Located in the middle of Chattanooga, in the Brainerd area.
* Date founded: 1925.
* Landmarks or geographic features: Located on the side of Missionary Ridge.
* Median income: $88,996.
* Unique characteristics: Christmas candlelighting, community picnics.
* Most famous residents, past and present: Hamilton County Sheriff Jim Hammond, religious broadcaster Ben Haden.
* History: Ridgeside was established in 1925 as Chattanooga was annexing and expanding its borders. Residents of the town wanted to keep their own identity. The town is now surrounded by Chattanooga.
* Schools: None.
* Best-kept secret: Wonderful walking areas.
* Fun fact: Ridgeside, once upon a time, was a dairy farm. It is the only chartered city within Chattanooga.