There's no shortage of places to shop in the Chattanooga area.
The North Shore area of town, on the north side of the Tennessee River from downtown, offers a plethora of stores ranging from trendy fashion boutiques and antique stores to gift shops, consignment shops and thrift stores, art shops, jewelry stores, museums, restaurants, drug stores and much more.
Downtown, as well as the Southside community, offers shoppers a variety of retailers including women's clothing, thrift stores, drug stores, and stores that specialize in selling locally made art and furnishings.
Surrounding communities such as Red Bank, Hixson, East Ridge, St. Elmo, Ooltewah, East Brainerd, Signal Mountain, Lookout Mountain and more each offer many places to shop.
Hamilton Place mall, just off Interstate 75 in Chattanooga, is Tennessee's largest shopping destination. The mall has more than 200 stores including Dillard's, Belk, JCPenney, Sears, Barnes & Nobles Booksellers, Bare Escentuals, Hollister, American Eagle, Coach, Chico's, Ann Taylor and Buckle. It also has more than 30 restaurants.
Northgate Mall, the secondlargest mall in Hamilton County, features Belk, Belk Home Store, JCPenney, Sears and more than 100 specialty stores, as well as several restaurants.
* Hamilton Place, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 894-7177.
* Northgate Mall, 271 Northgate Mall, Hixson, 875-4351.
* 2 North Shore, 301 Manufacturers Road, North Chattanooga, 503-6335.
* Warehouse Row, 1110 Market St., downtown, 267-1111.
* Bradley Square Mall, 200 Paul Huff Parkway, Cleveland, Tenn., 423-472-5078.
* Village Mall Shopping Center, 201 Keith St. SW, Cleveland, Tenn., 423-476-5179.
* Walnut Square Mall, 816 Walnut Square Blvd., Dalton, Ga., 706-226-3777