Mountain Shadows is a community of about 550 families situated in a neighborhood between Shadow Parkway and Banks Road off East Brainerd and Igou Gap roads in East Hamilton County. The community is just a few minutes drive from Hamilton Place mall and interstates 75 and 24.
* Amenities: Mountain Shadows has a swimming pool, two lighted tennis courts, clubhouse, playground and basketball court available through membership in the Mountain Shadows Residents' Association.
* History: Mountain Shadows was established in 1976 and was developed by builder James D. Lee on the old Banks family farm.
* Unique characteristics: The neighborhood fields a swim team for youths 5 years old and up. The team is part of the "Chattanooga Fun Swim League."
* Unique traditions: The Mountain Shadows Resident's Association has a website at www.mountainshadowsnews.com/index.html that lists swim meet dates, baby-sitter contacts, lost and found pets, garage sales and even a neighborhood computer whiz who makes house calls.
* Schools: School-age children in Mountain Shadows are zoned for Hamilton County's Westview Elementary School and East Hamilton Middle and High School.