DR PEPPER CLASSIC -- McKenzie Arena, corner of Fourth and Mable streets. UTC hosts Longwood, Hampton and Utah Valley in annual basketball tournament, 4:30 and 7 p.m. games, Thursday and Dec. 30. $15 reserved, $8 general admission. 266-MOCS.
KWANZAA CELEBRATION -- Union Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1800 N. Chamberlain Ave. Community Kwanzaa celebration and feast, 6 p.m. Dec. 30. Free. 698-0337.
LUNCH & LEARN -- Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 E. M.L. King Blvd. Screening of "The Black Candle" in honor of Kwanzaa, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Free. 266-8658.
WINE WORKSHOP, UNVEILING -- Georgia Winery, 6489 Battlefield Parkway, Ringgold, Ga. 706-937- WINE.
* Create a custom wine gift basket, free wine-tastings, noon-4 p.m. Saturday.
* Sample two new sparkling wines, Celebrate and Pretty in Pink, at official unveiling, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 30-31, Jan. 2. Priced at $15.95 per bottle.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- 1001 Broad St. (main library) and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For programming information, including preschool storytime, Adventure Club for ages 6 and up, and Teen Stack for teens, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
* Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
* Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. Admission: $10.95 adults and children. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
* New exhibits: "Winter Wonders" and "Helping Hands," through Jan. 3.
* New Year's at Noon: Children welcome new year with noon apple-juice toast, craft-making, parade, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 31.
BOOK SIGNING -- LifeWay Christian Store, 5591 Highway 153. Judy Neighbors signs "Learn With BunnBunn: Hopping Through Months, Seasons and Holidays," 1-4 p.m. today. 870-8012.