Nine fundraisers are scheduled over the next seven days, raising money for nonprofit work that ranges from literacy improvement to land conservancy.
It's not too late to make a reservation and help a good cause.
Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee
* When: 6-10 p.m.
* Where: Miller Plaza's Waterhouse Pavilion, corner of M.L. King Boulevard and Market Street.
* Tickets: $55 per person or $85 couple, includes barbecue meal.
* What to know: Formerly a lunchtime event, the bee has been moved to evening. Adults spell in a round-robin competition.
* Benefits: Re:Start (formerly READ of Chattanooga).
* Information: www.chattanoogaspellingbee.com or 855-4443.
Bubbles, Bites and Bling
* When: 7 p.m.
* Where: Loose Cannon Studio, 1800 Rossville Ave.
* Tickets: $55 per person.
* What to know: This is a new event with jazz by the Robert Crabtree Trio, champagne, trunk show by Rone Regency Jewelers and food by four cupcake bakeries.
* Benefits: "This is a more intimate event that allows our supporters to celebrate the work provided by our physicians through Project Access and the Medical Foundation of Chattanooga," said Rae Bond, foundation director.
* Information: 622-2872.
* When: 10 a.m. auction, 11:30 a.m. luncheon and fashion show.
* Where: St. Stephen's Catholic Church, 7111 Lee Highway.
* Tickets: $15.
* What to know: This annual event is sponsored by the Alpha Beta chapter of Epsilon Sigma Alpha Sorority. ESA member Betty Proctor says there will be a variety of salads and desserts prepared by members. Many of those dishes will be made from recipes in the chapter's cookbook, which will be sold for $15.
* Benefits: Walter Boehm Birth Defects Center
* Tickets: 266-5215.
The Southeast Social
* When: 6 p.m.
* Where: Bendabout Farm, Highway 11, just south of Cleveland, Tenn.
* What to know: Event kicks off with a cocktail hour, followed by a farm-to-table dinner, live music and an old-fashioned ice-cream social at the site where a polo match will be played earlier in the day.
* Tickets: $100 per person.
* Benefits: Land Trust for Tennessee.
* Tickets: 305-1783.
6th Cavalry Polo Match
* When: 2 p.m.
* Where: Bendabout Farm, Highway 11 just south of Cleveland, Tenn.
* What to know: Polo matches between Bendabout Farm and the 6th Cavalry date to the 1930s, according to Chris McKeever, director of the 6th Cavalry Museum. See a story on Pages 22-23.
* Tickets: No charge; donations accepted.
* Information: 423-476-6602.
Celebrity Softball Jam
* When: 1 p.m.
* Where: Park Properties field on Cloud Springs Road in Fort Oglethorpe.
* Tickets: Free but donations accepted for the Hunter Worley Foundation.
* What to know: The softball game pits local celebrities against Roger Alan Wade, Danny Shirley and Confederate Railroad. A concert and raffle will follow the game.
* Information: www.hunterworleyfoundation.org.
Taste of Hamilton Place
* When: 7-9 p.m.
* Where: Hamilton Place mall, Shallowford Road at I-75.
* Tickets at the door: $40 adults, $15 ages 5-12.
* What to know: Guests can sample the specialties of 20 restaurants. Erlanger spokeswoman Amanda Whitaker said there will be a family zone with face painting, clowns and balloon animals for kids, as well as music by harpist Rachel Payne, Tim Lewis Band and Moon Slew.
* Benefits: Children's Hospital at Erlanger.
* Information: 778-8057.
First Things First Fall Banquet
* When: 6:30 p.m.
* Where: Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza.
* Tickets: $60 per person.
* What to know: Featured speaker Dr. Gary Chapman is the author of "The Five Love Languages."
* Information: 267-5383 or firstthings.org.
All About Children Auction
* When: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
* Where: Signal Centers, 109 N. Germantown Road.
* Tickets: $50 per person.
* What to know: Held in a tent on the grounds of Signal Centers, the benefit begins with a silent auction. Debby Frederes, chief marketing and development officer of Signal Centers, said there will also be dinner catered by Outback Steakhouse and a live auction before the party ends.
* Benefits: The Children's Program of Signal Centers, sponsored by Friends of Special Children.
* Information: 698-8528.