BACK COUNTRY HORSEMEN -- Athens Diner, 925 Congress Parkway, Athens, Tenn. Southern Appalachian Back Country Horsemen members give presentations on their horse-related trips, 6:30 p.m. July 18. 423-238-5540.
BLUE MOON WINE CRUISE -- Blue Moon Cruises, 301 Riverfront Parkway. Cruise through Tennessee River Gorge with wine and light hors d'oeuvres, 6-8:30 p.m. Saturday, July 13. Reservations required; guests must pay $60 fee before trip. 888-993-BLUE.
BRAINERD FARMERS MARKET -- Grace Episcopal Church, 20 Belvoir Ave. Market open 10 a.m.-noon Saturdays. 423-580-6281.
CHATTANOOGA ARBORETUM AND NATURE CENTER -- 400 Garden Road. All events require registration: 423-821-1160
• Friday, July 12: Bat Watch, 7:15-9:30 p.m. Meet at CANC to caravan to Nickajack Lake, take short walk to viewing platform and watch gray bats wing out of cave as sun sets. Bring flashlight and wear comfortable shoes. Members: $9 adults, $4 children ages 4-11. Nonmembers: $12 and $7.
• Saturday, July 13: Dippin' at the Pond, 10 a.m.-noon. Join naturalist Corey Hagan for pond study and discovering critters in water habitat. Bring water bottle, hat and sunscreen, wear water shoes. $15 member families, $20 nonmember families.
CHATTANOOGA GHOST TOURS -- The Little Curiosity Shoppe, 138 Market St. Walking tours through downtown, ghost hunts through University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Citizens Cemetery, 9 nightly. $15 adults, $10 ages 12 and under. 423-821-7125.
CHATTANOOGA PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY -- St. John United Methodist Church, 3921 Murray Hills Drive. Colby McLemore of Knoxville, president of Professional Photographers of East Tennessee, presents program on "What Makes a Winning Image," 7 p.m. July 18. 423-344-5643.
CHATTANOOGA SIDEWALK TOURS -- Choice of two tours, daily through Nov. 1. $15 adults, $7 children 12 and under. Reservations required: 423-228-0448, www.chattanoogasidewalktours.com.
• Dynamo of Dixie Tour: Departs from Sheraton Read House, corner of Broad Street and M.L. King Boulevard; 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.
• Bluffs and Bridges Tour: Begins at south end of Walnut Street Bridge; 4 and 6 p.m.
CHATTANOOGA RIVER MARKET -- Tennessee Aquarium plaza, 1 Broad St. Vendors sell local produce, arts, crafts and horticultural projects, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. each Saturday. www.ChattanoogaMarket.com.
CHATTANOOGA STAMP CLUB -- Hickory Valley Christian Church, 6605 Shallowford Road. Meeting at 7:30 p.m. today, July 11; doors open 6:30 p.m. 423-344-7849.
EASTMAN GUN SHOW -- Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Road, Dalton, Ga. Hunters and gun enthusiasts can buy, sell or trade with vendors, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, July 13; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, July 14. $8 ages 12 and older. firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIFTY-FIVE PLUS CLUB -- Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4829 College Drive East. Join senior adults for potluck vegetarian lunch at noon followed by program at 1 p.m. by Josie and Kelvin Burgoyne about their mission work, Sunday, July 14. 423-591-4779.
FOOTHILLS COUNTRY FAIR -- Tri-State Exhibition Center, 200 Natures Trail, Cleveland, Tenn. Tenth annual arts and crafts fair, barbecue competition, kids activities, pageants and demolition derby, sponsored by Ruritan Clubs in Bradley and Hamilton counties, July 25-27. Three-day admission $10. 423-339-1989.
FORT OGLETHORPE CRUISE-IN -- Gateway Mall, 4103 Cloud Springs Road. Open to cars, trucks and motorcycles, 4-8 p.m. July 20. Includes 50/50 cash prize, swap meet, kids' activities, music, door prizes. Free to spectators and owners. 706-866-4753.
HIKES -- Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. Car-pool locations given for those who want to meet group. 423-842-3619.
• Saturday, July 13: Cumberland Mountain State Park, moderate 8 miles, meet at Durham Street parking lot in Soddy-Daisy, 8 a.m.
• Tuesday, July 16: Tennessee Riverwalk from Boathouse to wetlands and back, 4 miles, meet at Boathouse parking area, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, July 20: Enterprise South, moderate 7 miles, meet at Highway 153 Target, 8 a.m.
LOOKOUTS BASEBALL -- AT&T Field, 201 Power Alley. Chattanooga Lookouts vs. Jackson Generals, 7:15 p.m. July 23-27. $3-$9. 423-267-4849.
LUAU WINE FEST -- Georgia Winery, 6469 Battlefield Parkway, Ringgold, Ga. Bring a lawn chair and listen to Hawaiian music by Paul Vogler, dance to live DJ, eat Hawaiian-style pizza by Local Slice food truck, silent auction, door prizes and games, 6:30-10 p.m. July 20. Jimmy Pyro and the Fire Dancers, 8:45-9:45 p.m. For ages 21 and older. $15-$20 includes one glass of wine. 706-937-9463.
NIGHT ZIP LINE -- True Adventure Sports, 13102 Alabama Highway 176, Fort Payne, Ala. Zip 250 feet over a ravine and through woods with only headlamp and tiki torches as light source, 7:30-9:30 p.m. CDT July 22. $25 includes two-three zips per person. Reservations: 256-997-9577.
OOLTEWAH FARMERS MARKET -- Ooltewah Nursery & Landscape Co., 5829 Main St. Local farmers sell fresh produce, 2-5 p.m. Thursdays. No wholesalers or resellers allowed. 423-238-9775.
RINGGOLD MARKET -- Catoosa County Courthouse, Ringgold, Ga. Fresh produce, crafts and live music in downtown Ringgold, 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays through Labor Day. www.ringgold.com.
RIVER CANYON ADVENTURES -- 21726 River Canyon Road. 423-451-6068. Explore the scenic Tennessee River Gorge with three-hour adventures, including rope swing and volleyball, 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. daily. Sunset cruise at 6 p.m. Upriver to Williams Island, $35. Downriver into Tennessee River Gorge, $45. www.rivercanyonadventure.com.
TRAIN RIDES -- Departing from Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 423-894-8028, www.tvrail.com.
Missionary Ridge Local is 6-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop, 10:40 a.m., 12:05, 1:15, 2:25 and 3:35 p.m. daily.
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. $11.95 adults and children. 423-756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
• Thursday, July 18: Countdown to Kindergarten, for rising kindergartners and their families, 5:30-8 p.m. Includes hearing and vision screenings, hands-on activities, school bus to explore, checklist of summer skills. Free.
• Saturday, July 20: Tennessee Schmaltz Klezmer Band performs music of Southern Appalachia, 2 p.m. Free with regular admission.
• Mondays: Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Dance to music of all genres, for beginners through intermediate level dancers, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays. $7 per evening, $22 monthly. www.linesinmotion.net.
• Wednesdays: North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Dance, 5-7:45 p.m. $5. www.bootsandbucklesdance.com.
• Thursdays: St. Jude Catholic Church, 930 Ashland Terrace. Dance, 5-7:45 p.m., $3. www.bootsandbucklesdance.com.
SHAG -- Elks Lodge, Graysville Road at East Brainerd Road. Dance with Choo Choo Shag Club, 7 p.m. Thursdays. $5 members, $7 guests, free to first-time guests. email@example.com.
SINGLES -- First-Centenary United Methodist Church, Mohney Hall, 419 McCallie Ave. Positive Christian Singles hosts free patriotic show, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 13, followed by dance at 7 p.m. $8, includes refreshments. 423-756-2021.
USA BALLROOM -- Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Dance, 7:30-11 p.m. Friday, July 12. $5 first-time guests. 423-645-4888.