What's lurking in the dark this weekend? Six more haunts around the region.
Plus nighttime scares will be added weekends this month at Mayfield Farm Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch in Athens, Tenn., and visitors to Guthrie Pumpkin Farm and Corn Maze in Riceville, Tenn., can play Redneck Zombie Paintball.
Already open are Oddtober events highlighting the strange creatures at the Tennessee Aquarium; Blowing Screams Farm, the nighttime scare at Rock City's Enchanted Maize in Flintstone, Ga.; the Haunted Carnival at Sir Goony's Family Fun Center; and the Haunted Cavern at Ruby Falls.
Still to come are the Eerie Express, a haunted train ride at Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, Haunted Depot in Ringgold, Ga., and Haunted Adventure in Spring City, Tenn., all opening the weekend of Oct. 11-12; Boo in the Zoo at Chattanooga Zoo and Acres of Darkness at Audubon Acres, both opening the weekend of Oct. 18-19.
* Where: Lake Winnepesaukah, 1730 Lakeview Drive, Rossville.
* Fright nights: Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26. Fireworks at 11 p.m. on opening night.
* Hours: 6-11 p.m.
* Admission: $24 most, $10 ages 1-2, 55-up (includes gate admission, unlimited rides and all Halloween attractions).
* Phone: 706-866-5681.
* Website: www.lakewinnie.com.
* Where: 5017 McDonald Road, McDonald, Tenn.
* Fright nights: Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26, 31, Nov. 1-2.
* Hours: 7 p.m.-midnight (close at 10 p.m. Halloween).
* Admission: $18 all ages.
* Phone: 423-396-9790.
* Website: www.thehauntedbarnchattanooga.com.
* Where: 949 Fred Tollett Road, Crossville, Tenn.
* Fright nights: Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26, 31.
* Hours: 7-11 p.m.
* Admission: $10 haunted wagon ride or guided haunted walk; free magic show by bonfire.
* Phone: 931-788-1731, 931-200-0266, 931-200-2683.
* Website: www.kmsconstruction.com/hauntedhiddenhollow.
* Where: 1968 U.S. 41, Pelham, Tenn.
* Fright nights: Oct. 4-5, 12, 18-19, 25-26.
* Hours: 7 p.m.-midnight CDT.
* Admission: $10 general, $20 front-of-the-line fast pass.
* Phone: 931-361-1310.
* Website: www.twistednightmares.net.
* Where: 174 Chatillon Road, Rome, Ga.
* Fright nights: Oct. 4-5, 11-12, 17-19, 24-26, Oct. 31-Nov. 2.
* Hours: 7:30-10:30 p.m. Thursdays, 7:30-11 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays; ticket sales start at 7 p.m. Last ticket sold at 10:30 p.m. Halloween.
* Admission: $15.
* Phone: 706-676-8328.
* Website: www.gatesofmisery.com.
* Where: Grand View RV Park & Cabins, 2406 Gap Road, Altamont, Tenn.
* Fright nights: Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26. Family/Youth Night, for ages 12 and younger, Oct. 25.
* Hours: 7-9:30 p.m. CDT.
* Admission: $5.
* Phone: 913-692-3484.
* Website: www.grandviewrvpark.com.