CHATTANOOGA GHOST TOURS - The Little Curiosity Shoppe, 138 Market St. Walking tours through downtown, ghost hunts through University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Citizens Cemetery, 7:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays until March 1. $15 adults $10 ages 12 and under. 423-821-7125.
ENCHANTED GARDEN OF LIGHTS - Rock City Gardens, 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain. Holiday light show with nightly music performances, 6-9 p.m. today, Jan. 2-Saturday, Jan. 4. $19.95 adults, $11.95 children. 706-820-2531.
HIKES - Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. Carpool locations given for those who want to meet group. 423-842-3619.
* Saturday, Jan. 4: North Chickamauga, strenuous 7 to 8 miles with creek crossing, meet at Walmart in Soddy-Daisy, 9 a.m.
* Tuesday, Jan. 7: Raccoon Mountain, easy 4 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo parking lot, 9 a.m.
* Saturday, Jan. 11: Rainbow Lake to Signal Mountain High School, moderate to slightly strenuous 7 miles, meet at Red Bank Bi-Lo parking lot, 9 a.m.
HULLABOWLOO - Track 29, 1400 Market St. Fundraiser for Chattanooga Area Food Bank includes buskers, music by Rubik's Groove '80s cover band, bowl-making station for guests to craft their own party memento and food by local chefs, 7 p.m. Jan. 18. $75. HullaBOWloo.com.
LOW COUNTRY BOIL - Tennessee National Guard, 107 Armory Road, Monteagle, Tenn. Enjoy shrimp, potatoes, sausages and corn cooked in Cajun seasoning, served with dirty rice, bread pudding and tea, plus music by Bazzania, 4-7 p.m. CST Jan. 18. Benefits Friends of South Cumberland, Monteagle Food Bank and Monteagle Mountain Chamber of Commerce. $15-$18. 931-924-5353.
MODELCON - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1100 Carter St. Chattanooga Scale Modelers Association hosts scale model convention and regional show with vendors, airbrush demonstrations, 2-7 p.m. Jan 10; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 11. $5. 423-756-0001.
PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St. Tom and Pat Cory teach working in different types of light, rules of composition, creative controls of shutter speed and pre-programmed scenes, 6:30-9 p.m. Jan. 14. Bring your own digital camera and manual. Aquarium members $30, nonmembers $45. 423-267-3474.
PINK BRIDAL SHOW - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St. Wedding professionals gathered under one roof, two fashion shows, food, drinks, cash prizes and giveaways including 12-month subscription to Brides Magazine, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 5. Ticket discounts at www.thepink bride.com.
SANDHILL CRANE AND EAGLE CRUISE - Sale Creek Marina, 3900 Lee Pike, Soddy-Daisy. Join Kevin Calhoon, Tennessee Aquarium assistant curator of forests, for 3.5-hour cruise aboard Blue Moon to Hiwassee Island, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Jan. 11. Aquarium members: $34 adults, $25 ages 6-15. Nonmembers: $39 adults, $29 youths. Price includes barbecue lunch. RSVP at www.tnaqua.org (click on Events).
SOUTHERN SCUFFLE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT - McKenzie Arena, 720 E. Fourth St. Mat Mocs welcome 33 teams to tournament, including defending NCAA champion Penn State, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. today, Jan. 2. $5-$25. 423-266-6627.
TRAIN RIDES - Tennessee Valley Railroad, 4119 Cromwell Road. 423-894-8028, www.tvrail.com. Missionary Ridge Local, a six-mile, 55-minute ride through East Chattanooga to TVRM's repair shop, departs at 10:40 a.m., 12:05, 1:15, 2:25 Saturdays. $16 adults, $10 ages 3-12.
YULETIDE FISH-TIVITIES - Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St. Daily keeper talks, animal programs and dive shows continue. Free with regular admission, $24.95 adults, $14.95 children 3-12. 423-267-3474.
* Today Jan. 2: Snakes and lizards theme, make a snake craft to take home; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. scavenger hunt in River Journey lobby; 10:30 a.m., 12:15, 1:15 and 2:30 p.m. reptile programs in Ranger Rick's Backyard.
* Friday, Jan. 3: Fintastic Freshwater Fish theme; 10:45 and 11:15 a.m., 1:15 and 2:15 p.m. in the Fin on the Fish game in Tennessee River Gallery, 2 p.m. feeding in Lake Nickajack.
* Saturday, Jan. 4: Birds that Fly theme; 10:15 a.m. Bones and Feathers presentation in River Journey auditorium; 11:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. bird games or kids crafts in the auditorium; noon dissect an owl pellet in Delta Swamp classroom, limited to first 20 children; 1:30 p.m. Science of Flight presentation in River Journey auditorium.
* Sunday, Jan. 5: Shark Day, touch real shark teeth and skin at biofact station in Ocean Journey building, add "Great White Shark 3-D" at Imax for $6; 11 and 11:30 a.m., 2 and 2:30 p.m. shark-themed dive shows; 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. shark biofact cart in Ocean Journey; 1 and 4 p.m. "Great White Shark 3-D" at Imax.
* Monday, Jan. 6: Humans Underwater theme, dress up like a diver and take a picture, make a dive mask to take home; 11 and 11:30 a.m. and 2 and 2:30 p.m. Science of Scuba dive shows; 10 a.m.-2 p.m. gear exploration table in Ocean Journey Level 2.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY - 1001 Broad St. and branches at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga.
For information on preschool storytime, Adventure Club for children ages 6 and up or the teen center, Teen Stack, call 423-757-5310 or visit www.lib.chattanooga.gov.
* Lego Clubs: Downtown branch, every Monday, 5-6 p.m., for ages 5-11, free; Northgate branch, first Saturday of each month, 2-3 p.m., for ages 3 and up, free. 423-757-5314.
* Toddler Time: Learning program for ages 18-36 months and parents/guardians, advance registration not required. Wednesdays: 10:30 a.m. at Eastgate Library, 10 and 11 a.m. at Northgate Library. Saturday: 11 a.m. at downtown branch.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
* Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd. Stories, 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 423-893-0186.
* Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville. Stories, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.books neverending.com.
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM - 321 Chestnut St. $11.95 adults and children. 423-756-2738, www.cdmfun.org. Thursday-Friday, Jan. 2-3, Monday-Wednesday, Jan. 6-8: Day camps offer cooking, crafts, movement all correlated to "Celebrate Winter" theme, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. Children divided into age groups of kindergarten-second grade; third grade to fifth grade. Cost per day is $35 members, $40 nonmembers. May register for one day or all five days. 423-648-6040.
PAW PALS STORYTIME - McKamey Animal Center, 4500 N. Access Road. Stories for ages 2-5 provided by Chattanooga Public Library, 1:30-2 p.m. today, Jan. 2. Free, but each participant is asked to bring a can of dog or cat food. 423-305-6500, www.mckameyanimalcenter.org.
ZOO-BRRRNATION CAMP - Chattanooga Zoo, 301 N. Holtzclaw Ave. One-day educational adventures for grades K-5 includes animal encounters, crafts, games, lunch and snacks, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Jan. 2-4. Cost per day is $30 members, $40 nonmembers; after-care available 2-5 p.m. for additional $15 per day. www.chattzoo.org.
BALLROOM - The Ballroom, 7001 Middle Valley Road. Learn ballroom dancing no partner required, Saturdays. Group class, 7:30 p.m., $5. Dancing, 8:30 p.m., $10. Casual dress. 423-394-6428.
BALLROOM - Ballroom Magic Dance Center, 4200 N. Access Road. Dance, 8:30-10:30 p.m. Fridays. $10. 423-771-3646.
RHYTHM BALLROOM - The Ballroom, 7001 Middle Valley Road. Learn fundamentals of rumba, cha cha, East Coast Swing, 6 p.m. Mondays, 8 p.m. Wednesdays. Casual dress. No partner required.$5. www.theballroomathixson.com.
SHAG - Elks Lodge, Graysville Road at East Brainerd Road. Dance with members of Choo Choo Shag Club, 7 p.m. Thursdays. $5 members, $7 guests, free to first-time guests. email@example.com.