* Owner: Rick Buff, who has been running the joint since he opened it almost 33 years ago on July 12, 1984.
* Background: Rick Buff's Armando's is an offshoot of the first Armando's Restaurant opened by Bob Brown in Chattanooga in 1968.
* Philosophy: "Bob's philosophy was if you put out the best hamburger, that people would come. And that's what we've been doing," said Buff. "We haven't changed anything — we haven't cut the size of the burgers down, we haven't cut the quality, and it's worked real well for us."
* Awards: The restaurant won its first award from Chattanooga's WRCB-TV 3 in 1986, and they've kept coming ever since. "I've got a line of plaques at the restaurant there probably 20 feet long," Buff said. Most recently, the restaurant won 2016 North Georgia's Best of the Best people's choice awards in the burger category.
* Menu: Armando's offers a variety of sandwiches, soups, chili and entrees like its hamburger steak dinner, but its cheeseburger is by far the customer favorite. "That's what got us where we're at," Buff said.
* Claim to fame: Everything is fresh; from the produce to the bread to the meat, which is made with a special blend every day. And if that wasn't good enough, "It's as big a bun as you can commercially buy," said Buff. "There's nothing small about it."
* Reviews: Buff's older customers often tell him his burgers are old-fashioned and the real deal, just like their grandmothers used to make at home. Buff, however, is a little more straightforward. "It's the best hamburger in North Georgia," he said. "I'll put that up against anyone, anywhere, anytime."
* Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m to 7:30 p.m. (8 p.m. in the summer)
* Address: 1105 Lafayette Road, Rossville
* More info: 706-861-2252