Start to finish: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 -8
What you need:
What you do:
1. To prepare the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. If making this ahead of time (recommended, see note) store in the fridge.
2. Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water for about 30 seconds. Drain well.
3. Toss with a few tablespoons of the prepared dressing (make it while the pasta is cooking) and place in the fridge to chill.
4. Drain the roasted corn. Drain and rinse the black beans.
5. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Remove the skin and pit of the avocado and chop. Coarsely chop the cilantro.
6. Toss all the salad ingredients together.
7. Toss with the salad dressing and enjoy, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Note: This salad is best chilled. The best way to do that is to make the dressing ahead of time and chill it in the fridge for a few hours, and to chill the veggies in the fridge before chopping them up. If everything is chilled beforehand, it can be enjoyed pretty soon after prepping it.