The top bosses in Chattanooga took home compensation packages in 2015 that were anywhere from 14.3 percent to 199.6 percent higher than the previous year. The highest paid CEOs in Chattanooga last year were:
1. Bill Johnson, Tennessee Valley Authority, $6.4 million, up 38.6 percent from the previous year
2. Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum, Mohawk Industries, $6.1 million, up 22.2 percent from the previous year
3. Rick McKenney,* Unum Corp., $5.7 million, up 55.5 percent from the previous year
4. Stephen D. Lebovitz, CBL & Associates Properties, $3.7 million, up 35.6 percent from the previous year.
5. Daniel Frierson, the Dixie Group, $1.7 million, up 20.3 percent from the previous year
6. David Parker, Covenant Transport, $1.6 million, up 16.2 percent from the previous year.
7. J.D. Hickey, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, $1.6 million**
8. Michael Kramer,*** First Security Bank, $1.1 million, up 199.6 percent from the previous year
9. Benjamin Brock, Astec Industries, $537,458, up 15.8 percent from the previous year
10. Jeff Badgley, Miller Industries, $400,015, up 14.3 percent from the previous year.
* McKenney was promoted to Unum CEO in May 2015
** J.D. Hickey was named CEO of BlueCross in August 2015
*** Michael Kramer became president and chief operating officer of Atlantic Capital Bancshares, which completed the purchase of First Security Group in November 2016. Kramer was paid even more two years ago to complete the turnaround at FSG bank.