These are the biggest business projects in the Chattanooga area announced in 2016:
1. Wacker Chemical will add another $150 million production plant in Charleston, Tennessee, to make its HDK brand of pyrogenic silica, adding 50 jobs.
2. Mohawk Industries expands its vinyl flooring plant in Dalton with a $100 million investment to add 200 jobs.
3. Lodge Manufacturing Co. add another $90 million foundry in South Pittsburg, adding 92 jobs
4. FedEx ground transportation facility on I-75 exit 9, a $30 million building to expand distribution
5. TAG Manufacturing builds $15 million, 200,000-square-foot plant to expand its production of attachments to heavy construction equipment, adding 200 jobs.
6. Chattanooga Seating Systems adds $5.4 million expansion of its vehicle seat assembly plant in the VW supplier complex, adding 190 jobs.
7. Coyote Logistics expansion of its Chattanooga freight forwarding and logistics planning facility in Warehouse Row, adding 160 jobs
8. Miller Industries expansion of its towing equipment manufacturing facility in Ooltewah, $13 million addition adding 59 jobs
9. The Vincit Group distribution facility expansion, adding 90 jobs
10. VaynerMedia expansion of its advertising agency services in Chattanooga, adding 75 jobs
Sources: Company announcements, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce, and Northwest Georgia Joint Economic Development Authority