• New City Fellowship, 2323 E. Third St. (Evangel House); noon Saturday, Feb. 19; Black History Month event features interactive discussion of prejudices discussed in the book "Prejudices Within Your Race"; free but reservations requested; 624-1374.
• Metropolitan Tabernacle, 2101 W. Shepherd Road; 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 20; Black History Month celebration by Sounds of Destiny features musical selections and African dance performance; free; 598-3538 or www.soundsofdestiny.org.
• Hawkinsville Missionary Baptist Church, 7463 Pinewood Drive; 7 p.m. today; Valentine gala for single, engaged and married couples features dinner and messages from Timothy Careathers and Rozario Slack; $15; 892-1924.
• Christ Church-Episcopal, 663 Douglas St.; 7 p.m. Thursday; organ concert featuring Balint Karosi, winner of the International J. S. Bach Competition in Leipzig, Germany; free (reception follows); 266-4263.
• Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road; 6:30 p.m. Friday; dessert/concert with The Bondservants benefits India mission team; $10; 892-0444 or http://www.thebondservants.com.
• St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 630 Mississippi Ave., Signal Mountain; 7 p.m. Friday; concert by University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Chamber Singers; free but offering taken; 886-2281.
• Payne's Cove Church, 303 Charley Roberts Road, Pelham, Tenn.; 6 p.m. CST Sunday, Feb. 20; singing featuring By Faith of Manchester, Tenn.; free but offering received; 931-212-4292.
• Unitarian Universalist Church, 3224 Navajo Drive; 7 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Feb. 23; interfaith spiritual practice of singing meditation, which combines contemplative silence and communal singing and movement, facilitated by Kate Briere; 624-2985 or www.uuc.org.
• Benedictine Sisters Retreat Center, 916 Convent Road N.E., Cullman, Ala.; 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. CST Saturday, Feb. 19; "Flowers and Battering Rams: A Reflection Day With George Herbert and John Donne" focuses on religious poetry of the 17th century and will be led by Sister Marian Davis; $30 (includes lunch); preregistration required; 256-734-8302 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.