Below is a list of area art exhibitions and events for the week of Sept. 4-10. Anyone with information to be included may contact Ann Nichols at Chattanooga Times Free Press, 400 E. 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403 or email email@example.com.
* Association for Visual Arts: 30 Frazier Ave. Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Free. 265-4282. "Fresh" Saturday-Oct. 14. Reception 2-9 p.m. Saturday.
* Cress Gallery, UTC Fine Arts Center: Corner of Vine and Palmetto streets. Hours: 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Sunday. Free. 304-9789. UTC Faculty Exhibition through Oct. 2.
* Gannon Art Center Gallery: 3250 Brainerd Road. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Free. 622-8236. Sandy Washburn, Ellen Franklin, Mike Shalett, Joanne Bradley, Sabine Collins and Barron Hall through Nov. 1.
* Hunter Museum of American Art: 10 Bluff View. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Wednesday, Sunday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday. Admission: $9.95 adults and $4.95 ages 3-17. 267-0968. "Starcraft" through Oct. 23. "Celebrating Volkswagen: The Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg at the Hunter" through Oct. 9.
* In-Town Gallery: 26 Frazier Ave. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. 267-9214. Works by 37 member artists on view. Gay Arthur during September.
* Jewish Cultural Center Gallery: 5461 North Terrace Road. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and by appointment. Free. 493-0270. "In Other Words" through Oct. 6.
* My Color Image Gallery: 330 Frazier Ave., Suite 100. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Free. 598-6202. Savannah Jacobus and Sandy Rabensburg during September.
* Museum Center at Five Points: 200 E. Inman St., Cleveland, Tenn. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Admission: $5 adults, $4 seniors/students and free for children under 5. 423-339-5745. "Generations: Cherokee Language Through Art" through Oct. 15.
* River Gallery: 400 E. Second St. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday and by appointment. Free. 265-5033. "Fabric of Life" during September. Sculpture garden open daily.
* Shuptrine's Gold Leaf Designs: 2646 Broad St. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday; and by appointment. Free. 266-4453. Kathleen Mack through Oct. 15. Reception 4-8 p.m. Saturday.
* University of the South Art Gallery: 68 Georgia Ave., Sewanee, Tenn. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Sunday (all times Central). Free. 931-598-1223. Greg Pond: Born in Trenchtown" through Oct. 2.
The Arts Calendar lists temporary exhibitions for facilities that focus primarily on visual arts.