• Battlefield program: Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, meet at Visitor Center for carpooling to battlefield, 2 p.m., join park ranger for talk on connection between the Battle of Chickamauga and the sinking of the Titanic. Bring lawn chair, dress appropriately for weather. 706-866-9241.
• Car/motorcycle show: Central High School, 5728 Highway 58, 8 a.m. -3 p.m. flea market, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. bike/car show, $20 car show entry fee, benefits Central High School Band. 309-5503.
• Distinguished Young Woman program: Soddy Elementary School, 260 School St., 6:30 p.m., $10. Eleven high school juniors compete for 54th Soddy-Daisy Distinguished Young Woman title (formerly Junior Miss).
• Kiwanis pancake breakfast: Bald-Headed Bistro, Cleveland, Tenn., 7-11 a.m., $6 ages 6 and older, Cleveland Kiwanis Club fundraiser. 596-8424.
• Pancake breakfast: Longhorn Restaurant, 5771 Brainerd Road, 8-10 a.m., $5, sponsored by 100 Black Men of Chattanooga's LIFE Academy, which funds enrichment programs for ages 11-18. 601-813-7815.
• Afternoon of opera: UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 3 p.m., free. Connor Society sponsors opera excerpts as part of university's 125th anniversary. Bob Bernhardt hosts, performances by Cherry Brendel, Rosella Ewing, Ron Brendel, John Brandon accompanied by Perry Mears.
• Wind ensemble: Lee University, Conn Center, Cleveland, Tenn., 4 p.m., free, University Wind Ensemble performs. 614-8240.
• Bradley County Democrats: Cleveland/Bradley County Public Library, Community Room, 7 p.m., monthly meeting of Bradley County Democratic Party.
• Chamber Concert: UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 7:30 p.m., free, UTC student piano quintet, clarinet ensemble and woodwind quintet perform.
• Piano concert: Baylor School, Alumni Chapel, 7 p.m., free, Austrian concert pianist Walter Hautzig performs.
• Republican Women: GOP Headquarters, 1428 Chestnut St., Suite E, 11:30 a.m. Hamilton County Republican Women's meeting, with U.S. House District 3 candidate Scottie Mayfield as speaker, lunch reservations required, 266-6855.
• UTC Jazz Band: UTC Fine Arts Center, 752 Vine St., 7:30 p.m., free, UTC jazz band directed by Erika Schafer. www.utc.edu.
• 'Hotel Rwanda' inspiration: Cleveland State Community College, Johnson Cultural Heritage Center theater, 7 p.m., Paul Rusesabagina, real-life hero portrayed in the movie "Hotel Rwanda," is featured speaker. Screenings of the movie will be held at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• Girls choir 25th anniversary dinner: Ridgedale Baptist Church, 1831 Hickory Valley Road, 7 p.m. silent auction, 7:30 p.m. dinner and program by singers, $25 per person, advance reservations required. 296-1006.
• Masterworks Concert: Lee University, Conn Center, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 p.m., free. "Beethoven and Bernstein" program features faculty soloists Loralee Songer, soprano; Andrea Dismukes, mezz-soprano; Ron Brendel, tenor; and Tony Deaton, baritone; 160-voice Lee University Choral Union and Symphony Orchestra.
• Rummage sale: Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4131 Ringgold Road, free. 624-6073.