Below is a list of area art exhibitions and events for the week of Jan. 22-28. Anyone with information to be included may contact Ann Nichols at Chattanooga Times Free Press, 400 E. 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 1800 Main: 1800 E. Main St. Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Saturday; 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday. Free. 718-2543. Tom Farnam and Judith Mogul through Feb. 23.
* Association for Visual Arts: 30 Frazier Ave. Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Free. 265-4282. Members juried exhibit through Feb. 11.
* Bessie Smith Cultural Center: 200 E. M.L. King Blvd. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. Saturday. Admission: $7 adults, $5 seniors/students, $3 children 6-12. 266-8658. Isaac Duncan through Feb. 29.
* Creative Arts Guild Gallery: 520 W. Waugh St., Dalton, Ga. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Free. 706-278-0168. "The Art of War" through Feb. 29.
* Cress Gallery, UTC Fine Arts Center: Corner of Vine and Palmetto streets. Hours: 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 1-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. Free. 304-9789. 2012 Juried student exhibition through Jan. 29.
* Hunter Museum of American Art: 10 Bluff View. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Wednesday, Sunday; and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday. Admission: $9.95 adults and $4.95 ages 3-17. 267-0968. "Dorothea Lange's America" through April 22. "Good Design: Stories From Herman Miller" through March 4.
* In-Town Gallery: 26 Frazier Ave. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. 267-9214. Works by 36 member artists on view. "Leap Into Art" during January.
* River Gallery: 400 E. Second St. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday and by appointment. Free. 265-5033. "Past and Present" through January. Sculpture garden open daily.
* Shuptrine's Gold Leaf Designs: 2646 Broad St. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday and by appointment. Free. 266-4453. "The Face of Robert Rittenhouse: This Is Who I Am" through January.
* Tanner Hill Gallery: 3069 S. Broad St., Suite 3. Hours: Noon-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and by appointment. Free. 280-7182. Robert Marchessault through Friday.
* University of the South Art Gallery: 68 Georgia Ave., in Sewanee, Tenn. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and noon-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (all times Central). Free. 931-598-1223. Bryan LeBoeuf through Feb. 12.
The Arts Calendar lists temporary exhibitions for facilities that focus primarily on visual arts.