• Catoosa County Democratic Party: Democratic headquarters in OSA Inc. building, 7638 Nashville St., Ringgold, Ga., 9 a.m., visitors welcome. All 2012 candidates invited to speak. 770-826-8644.
• CHEO meeting: Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road, 2-4 p.m., free. Speakers are Terri Brower, RN, and Stephen Feely. 629-1935.
• Walker County Historical Society: Fort Cumming, LaFayette, Ga., 2:30 p.m., visitors welcome. Meet at the gate to the historic site at Big Spring; follow Indiana Street to the site from North Main. Guest speaker is Leslie Thomas, president of the Gilmer County Historical Society. Bring a folding chair. In case of rain, meeting will be held at the Marsh House. 706-764-2801
• IBEW open house: IBEW Local 175 headquarters, 3922 Volunteer Drive, 3-7 p.m., free. IBEW's 100th anniversary celebration includes bluegrass music and refreshments. 622-2862.
• Chattanooga storytelling circle: Chattanooga Public Library, 1001 Broad St., 7 p.m., visitors welcome to meeting. 779-4466.
• Community patriotic concert: Memorial Auditorium, 399 McCallie Ave., 7 p.m., free but donations accepted by Chattanooga Music Club. Annual organ concert featuring organist Tom Trenney of Lincoln, Neb., and silent movies "Big Business" starring Laurel and Hardy, and "One Week" starring Buster Keaton. 642-TIXS.
• Candidate meet-and-greet: Chattanooga Choo Choo, Roosevelt Room, 1400 Market St., 6 p.m., free. State Senate candidate David Testerman holds meet-and-greet for anyone interested in learning more about his platform.
• Catoosa County Tea Party: The Colonnade, Benton Place campus, Ringgold,Ga., 7 p.m., free, open to the public. Debate with candidates running for sheriff of Catoosa County, moderator will be Brian Joyce. 706-937-3155.
• Battlefield program: Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, Fort Oglethorpe,Ga., 7 p.m., free. Meet at Visitor Center for car caravan to the Brotherton farm. Bring lawn chairs for one-hour program by a park ranger on Gen. James Longstreet's role in the Chattanooga campaign of the Civil War. 752-5213.
• Love Loud on the Parkway: Hutcheson on the Parkway, 4700 Battlefield Parkway, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., 1-5 p.m., free. Community block party sponsored by churches of the Catoosa Baptist Association with games, music, food and crafts. All proceeds benefit rebuilding of Mount Peria Baptist Church. 706-937-5323.
• Summer concert series: The Camp House, 1427 Williams St., 8 p.m. doors open, 8:30 p.m. performance, $15. Creative Underground presents Eclectic, a jam and open mic session with local singers, musicians and spoken-word artists. www.tcuchatt.com.