Donate Life Tennessee (a non-profit, state-authorized organ and tissue donor registry) is partnering with the Chattanooga Chapter of The Links in their National Donor Sabbath project. On Sunday, Links members will be in 30 area black churches providing information on organ, eye and tissue donation. Congregants will have the opportunity to sign up on the Tennessee Donor Registry. For more information or to register to be a donor, visit www.DonateLifeTN.org.
Back/neck pain assessment
Rehab South is offering a free back and neck pain assessment in November and will discuss therapy options available. Allow 30 minutes for screening and results. Call 877-4599 to schedule screening.
Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser
The Tennessee Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will host the Three Blind Wines fundraiser at 6 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 15, at The Mill, 1601 Gulf St., Suite 100. Event features wine tasting, silent auction and reception, followed by dinner, live auction, entertainment. Individual tickets are $30. Call 255-1167.
• Parkridge East Hospital's breast-feeding class, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Saturday, or 6:30-8:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 6, is designed for first-time moms or veterans. Topics include physiology of breast-feeding, advantages, successful techniques, returning to work and pumping. A support person is encouraged to attend, but not required. Cost is $15 per couple but is free with any Labor of Love Lamaze class.
• Labor of Love Lamaze Class (one-day class), from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17, is ideal for parents who don't have time for a four-week series. A support person is recommended to attend with expectant mother. Bring two pillows. Breast-feeding class is free when taking this class plus a tour of hospital.
• For information or to register on above classes, call MedLine at 800-242-5662 or visit Parkridge EastHospital.com.
• Infant CPR class, 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, at Erlanger at Hutcheson (Women's Center). This one-hour class teaches basic CPR for an infant (birth to 1 year). Includes infant safety, hands-on CPR and choking management techniques for infants. Everyone welcome. Registration fee is $5.
• Bone density screen, 9-11 a.m., Tuesday, Erlanger East (Gunbarrel Road). This screening for osteoporosis is a pixi-screening of the ankle to determine if further treatment or examination for bone loss is needed. Registration is required. Appointments are limited.
• For the above, call Erlanger's HealthLink at 778-5465 to register.
• Diabetes basics and diet class. This program provides an overview of diabetes, treatment, prevention of complications, diabetes meal planning and carbohydrate counting. The class is from 3:30 to 8 p.m. today at Memorial Hospital and from 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday at Memorial Hospital Hixson. Memorial's Diabetes and Nutrition Center can help obtain physician's referral and provide cost information. Registration is required. Call 495-7970.
• Memorial Health Care System's Mobile Health Coach will provide mammograms for women age 40 and over, with or without insurance, who haven't have a mammogram in the last 12 months. A nurse practitioner will offer pap smears and clinical breast exams from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday at Uniforms for You LLC, 311 North Congress Parkway, Suite 500, Athens, Tenn. To schedule an appointment, call Memorial's MaryEllen Locher Breast Center at 423-495-4040 or toll free 866-591-2254.
If you are more than 75 pounds overweight and want to participate in a research study with the new sleeve stomach plication, call 899-1000 or visit www.chattanoogabariatrics.com for information.
Items for this column are due the Friday before Thursday's publication date. Write to Linda Weaver, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401-1447; fax 668-5071; email firstname.lastname@example.org.