* Ruby Red Christmas: Forecasters are calling for moderate temperatures this weekend, but at Ruby Falls, 1720 S. Scenic Highway, there's not just the chance but the promise of snow. For Ruby Red Christmas, which starts Saturday, Dec. 1, and continues 5-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 22, there's not only frozen precipitation but horse-drawn carriage rides, live music, storytelling and crafts. Admission is $17.95 adults, $15.95 ages 3-12. Carriage rides are $14.95 with a tour of the cavern, $19.95 without (the price is the flat rate per carriage, for up to six people). Craft sessions vary from 99 cents to $3.99 per craft. For more information, call 821-2544 or visit www.rubyfalls.com.
* Breakfast With Santa: Kids can enjoy a meal with the big guy in red 8:30-10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, in the Bradley Square Mall food court, 200 Paul Huff Parkway, Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $5 per person, free for children 2 and younger; proceeds benefit Junior Achievement. Tickets are available at the Guest Services Booth inside the mall.
* Breakfast With Santa & Holiday Market: The Soddy-Daisy High School baseball team will serve breakfast with Santa from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, in the school gymnasium, 618 Sequoyah Road. Thirty vendors will have gift items available for shopping from 8 a.m. to noon. Tickets are $7 per person, $25 per family, and include a photo with Santa. Call 987-2189 for more information.
* Christmas on the Mountain: This weekend celebration at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Pikeville, Tenn., features breakfast with Santa, holiday music, storytelling and a three-day mountain craft show that includes make-your-own craft sessions. Activities are planned Friday through Sunday, Nov. 30-Dec. 2. For more information, call 423-881-5708.
* Christmas Candlelight Tour: New Echota State Historic Site in Calhoun, Ga., will welcome visitors 6-9:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, with luminaries lighting the pathways and traditional decorations in the historic buildings. Other activities include Christmas caroling, hot apple cider and other refreshments. A 3/4-mile walk is required to see all of the buildings. Admission is $5 to $7. For more information, call 706-624-1321.
* Christmas Open House: Georgia Winery, 6469 Battlefield Parkway in Ringgold, will celebrate the release of its new Winter Red wine with free wine tastings, offered chilled and mulled, during the Christmas Open House, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. daily except Sunday in December. Tours of the winery are available at 2 p.m. Saturdays. For more information, call 706-937-9463 or visit www.GeorgiaWines.com.
* Holiday Market: Two dozen vendors will be set up 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, at Red Bank United Methodist Church, 3800 Dayton Blvd., in a fundraiser for the Youth Department's mission activities. Call 240-5342 for more information.
* Live Nativity: Kimball Baptist Church, 1500 Main St., Kimball, Tenn., will present "Kneeling in Bethlehem," a live Nativity, four nights next week. The drive-through display may be viewed from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3; and Tuesday-Thursday, Dec. 5-7. Admission is free. For more information, call 423-837-6843.
* Light Up for Christ: Holy Family Council kicks off the Advent season with its fifth annual Light Up for Christ at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, at the Holy Family Council Hall, 7615 Lee Highway. The event includes Christmas caroling and other entertainment, chili bar, hot cider and cocoa, desserts by the Ladies Auxiliary and a tree-lighting ceremony at the Holy Family grotto at 8 p.m. Admission is free.
* Pet photos: Three locations have scheduled their final pet photo sessions with Santa.
* McKamey Animal Care and Adoption Center, 4500 N. Access Road -- Artist's Eye Photography will be taking pet photos with Santa Claws 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1 (no appointment necessary). The $20 fee includes a CD of photos. For more information, call 305-6504 or visit www.mckameyanimalcenter.org.
* Walnut Square Mall, 816 Walnut Square Blvd., Dalton, Ga. -- Furry friends are welcome for photos with Santa Paws 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4. Owners should use the old theater entrance. Pets must be on a leash or in a carrier. Call 706-226-3777 or visit www.walnutsquaremall.com for more information.
* Bradley Square Mall, 200 Paul Huff Parkway, Cleveland, Tenn. -- Pet Night with Santa, for domestic pets only, is 6-8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3. Use Entrance 4 between Belk and JCPenney. Pets must be in a carrier or on a leash at all times.
* SantaFest: Even the elves will drop by for this celebration with Santa, taking place from noon to 3 p.m. at the Bradley Square Belk store, 200 Paul Huff Parkway, Cleveland, Tenn. Activities include free MoonPies, beverages provided by Keurig, holiday crafts and games. Shoppers may enter for a chance to win one of three $50 kids wardrobes. For more information, call 423-478-6300.
* Santa Vols: The last chance to have photos made with Santa dressed in his Big Orange suit will be 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at Hamilton Place, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd. The first 50 to pose will receive free orange and white pompoms. 894-7177.
* Santa's Workshop: Santa Claus will visit Warehouse Row, 1110 Market St., every Saturday in December from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. There is no sitting fee to have photos made with Santa, and the photos will be available online for free downloads. Donations to Toys for Tots are encouraged, and drop-points are located throughout the shopping center. Homespun Weddings + Events will re-create Santa's workshop to entertain children ages 3 and older while their parents are shopping. Kids can spend an hour creating and wrapping handmade gifts for $15 each. The Secret Santa Workshop will be open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with drop-offs ending at 3 p.m. A Holiday Open House is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6. For more information, call 643-4977.