• Catoosa County Democratic Party: Caffeine Addicts Coffee Shop, 7819 Nashville St., Ringgold, Ga., 9 a.m., visitors welcome. Catoosa County School Superintendent Denia Reese will be guest speaker. 770-826-8644.
• Garden dedication: Mountain Arts Community Center, 809 Kentucky Ave., Signal Mountain, 1 p.m., visitors welcome, Southeast Tennessee Iris Society dedicate new iris garden, reception follows. 886-1959.
• Jazz concert: Chattanooga State Community College, Humanities Building auditorium, 7:30 p.m., free, David Walter Jazz Trio in concert.
• Masonic Lodge fundraiser: Mercy Shoe Fundraiser, Mountain City Masonic Lodge, 4409 Shelborne Drive behind First Tennessee Bank on Highway 58, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., $7. Cajun red beans and rice dinner benefits Scottish Rite shoe fund. 664-3373.
• Yard sale: One Accord Community Church, 343 Sweetland Drive, 7 a.m.-2 p.m., new and antique items for sale. oneaccordcommunity church.org.
• Diwali celebration: UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 3:30-7 p.m., free. Indian community gathers to celebrate Diwali Festival of Lights with music and dance. 499-9888
• Candidate forum: Red Bank Community Center behind Erlanger North, just off Morrison Springs Road, 7 p.m., free, sponsored by Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Association. Candidates for State House District 27 and Senate District 10 participating. Carla Quinn will moderate forum on issues important to Red Bank residents. RedBankNPA@gmail.com.
• Chattanooga storytelling circle: Chattanooga Public Library, 1001 Broad St., 6-7:30 p.m., free and visitors welcome. 779-4466.
• Choral concert: Chattanooga State Community College, Humanities Building auditorium, 7:30 p.m., free and open to the public. Chattanooga State Concert Choir presents masterworks concert featuring clarinetist Nick Harline, mezzo-soprano Jennifer Arbogast, soprano Amanda Hyberger and soprano Christine Hassevoort, soprano.
• Lee University Chorale: Lee University, Church Street Annex (former First Baptist Church), corner of Central and Church streets, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 p.m., free. 614-8240.
• Southern Literature Club: Caffeine Addicts (note change of venue), 7819 Nashville St., Ringgold, Ga., 7 p.m., visitors welcome. Discussion of Janie Watts' "Moon Over Taylor's Ridge."
• Lee Jazz Ensemble: Lee University, Church Street Annex, corner of Central and Church streets, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 p.m., free, 23-member student jazz ensemble performs. 614-8240.
• Fantasy Maze: Tennessee Riverpark, Amnicola Highway, 6-9 p.m., $3 per child age 2 and older, adult accompanying child is free, $1 for each inflatable game. Annual children's hay-bale maze with cartoon heroes and classic characters hidden in the maze. Nonthreatening Halloween alternative for children sponsored by Hamilton County Parks and Recreation. Children encouraged to wear costumes and bring treat bags. 842-6748.