• Back-to-School Bash: Bruster's Ice Cream, 4241 Hixson Pike, 2-5 p.m., $1 off ice cream for all educators, gift bags for kids while supplies last, activities and giveaways. 877-9110.
• Cruise-in: East side of downtown square, LaFayette, Ga., 6-9 p.m., free. Free entry in best restoration, best resto-mod and best original categories. Sponsored by LaFayette Downtown Development Authority. 706-639-1519.
• Kids Fest: Knights of Columbus Hall, 7615 Lee Highway, 1-5 p.m., free family festival. www.kofc6099.org.
• Stay in School Jam: Northwest Georgia Trade and Convention Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Road, Dalton, Ga., 7 p.m. 706-272-7676.
• Arts In the Park: Veterans Park on Apison Pike in Collegedale, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., free. 402-9960.
• Lake Winnepesaukah: 1730 Lakeview Drive, Rossville, noon-8 p.m., special admission and unlimited rides for $75 per carload of up to five guests. Monday. www.lakewinnie.com.
• Caregiver fair: Eastgate Town Center, Senior Activity Center, 5600 Brainerd Road, Suite C, 9 a.m.-noon, free with lunch included. Amedisys Hospice Services hosts "Care for the Family Caregiver" with door prizes, exhibits, giveaways. Registration required: 499-0018.
• Fashion's Night Out: Hamilton Place, 6-9 p.m., support local nonprofits while shopping your favorite stores. Bring old magazines for donations to Hamilton County art teachers and be entered for $50 gift card. 385-4462.
• Ross's Landing History Walk: Meet at Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St. in Coolidge Park, 6 p.m. three-mile walk to learn about importance of downtown area and Moccasin Bend to American Indian history. 643-6888.
• United Daughters of the Confederacy: Wally's Restaurant, 6521 Ringgold Road, 11 a.m., women ages 16 or older who have a Confederate ancestor are invited to meeting of Missionary Ridge Chapter 1777. 443-5856
• AVA Gallery Hop: Self-guided tour of more than two dozen galleries and artist studios around downtown Chattanooga, 2-8 p.m., free. Meet artists, watch demonstrations, refreshments. 265-4282.
• Barbecue benefit: Scottsboro Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 3115 S. Kyle St., Scottsboro, Ala., noon-5 p.m., $10 barbecue plates, carry-out only. Place orders ahead by calling 256-574-2575 between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday-Friday. Proceeds will help fund trips by families of cancer patients to treatments, paying for gas, food, lodging or other expenses not covered by insurance.
• Doggie Paddle: Warner Park Pool, 1254 E. Third St., noon-3 p.m., $10 per pooch and owner. Dogs can swim in park's pool before it is drained for winter. Benefits McKamey Animal Center. www.mckameyanimal center.org.